1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not off to a good start.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rjheard, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjheard

rjheard Mentor

Dec 11, 2007
    I had a installation appointment for 12-5 today, at 01:40 I get a call that they need to reschedule because they don't have any equipment. WTF! I've took off work, drove home and sat patiently for two hours for this. If they didn't have any equipment they certainly could have called before I took off work. Even Charter showed up on time. I called D* customer service and after going round and round with a supervisor was offered $5 off my bill for three months. Insulting.

2. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having....

If I'm not mistaken, some have gotten up to $100 off for missed appointments.... I would push for that.

3. rebaztec

rebaztec Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    $100.01 go for it. Multi time taker advantager of this one. Hundreds of dollars off because the local installer, up to a few months ago, was so pitifully mismanaged. The new group is spot on. Very professional...no credits for me since the new group took over...:grin:

4. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Yes you should qualify for the $100 credit because the installer did not call before 12p to advise you on the delay/cancellation. This is D* policy and they "fine" the installer with that 100 bucks

5. rjheard

rjheard Mentor

Dec 11, 2007
    The supervisor said that I had all the discounts that could be applied to my account, because I'm a new customer with all the promotions. I told her $5 is insulting and countered with 3 more free months of HBO, Cinemax, and Stars. She said she would put a note in my account that when the original 3 months expires I was entitled to 3 more. We'll see how that goes. I not completely a customer yet and they have already screwed up. I hope it gets better from here.

6. rjheard

rjheard Mentor

Dec 11, 2007
    Do you know where I can find that policy in writing?

7. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm sorry rj i don't. It's been mentioned here quite a few times, however, and many have been successful recouping those costs. Someone else may have a link or some info though.

EDIT: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=78078

Here's one of a number of threads discussing the issue of missed appointments and the $100 credit, though nothing official.

8. ben arnold

ben arnold Godfather

Aug 28, 2007
    Wow! You actually had one that called!

9. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    If you took off work, where did you drive home from?

10. Drewg5

Drewg5 Icon

Dec 15, 2006
    St. Louis
    Wow you must love to fight on the internet big of you

11. rjheard

rjheard Mentor

Dec 11, 2007
    Half day.

12. rjheard

rjheard Mentor

Dec 11, 2007
    That's a nice glass house you live in.

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I don't know who this was directed at Drew, but it was uncalled for regardless.

14. Drewg5

Drewg5 Icon

Dec 15, 2006
    St. Louis
    Not glass acrylic :lol:

15. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Sorry to hear about that....like everyone else said the $100 credit is kinda the norm so I'd try to push for that as well.

16. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Tonight the part of Pot will be played by Kettle

17. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    Too Funny....

On the subject of the $100.00 credit though, That is a shame. i mean 5 hrs. of your life and it's only worht $20.00/hr. That wouldn't even cover my wage package before my fringes..... D* gets off cheap.

18. Upstream

Upstream Hall Of Fame

Jul 4, 2006
    Whenever I have someone waste my time, I usually calculate the cost of my time at $20 per hour. To me that seems fair, since I use a comparable rate to decide if I should do work around my house or hire someone (e.g., I might estimate that it will take me 6 hours to lay mulch around my shrub beds, so if I can hire someone to do it for less than $120 plus materials, I'll hire them).

BUT, if I have to take time off from work, then I use my actual wage to calculate the per hour cost.

19. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    FYI my time is worth $75 per hour.

That being said, there have been some general insults lobbed around here, please be polite to one another.

20. Upstream

Upstream Hall Of Fame

Jul 4, 2006

I once dated a girl whose time was worth $100 per hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.