1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not recording - Canceled in History

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Davenlr, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Aug 2, 2016 #1 of 18
    Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I am getting recordings showing as Canceled in the History.
    The error says "This episode was canceled because of its recording permissions (15)

One such show tonight I noticed wasnt recording, and this is the error in history.

I then selected the show manually and it played just fine, even let me "watch from the beginning"

Whats up with this error?

2. Aug 2, 2016 #2 of 18
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I have the same issue on an HR24. Two of the last three episodes of Major Crimes didn't record (same error as the TS listed) and last week's episode of Rizzoli and Isles. Both shows I've recorded for years on that HR24.

I checked the Parental settings. There are none for this DVR. I also looked at two other DVRs in our house (HR44 and 21); neither had this Cancellation error listed.

Firmware glitch?

3. Aug 2, 2016 #3 of 18
    Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Ditto. Can add Death of Summer, Feed the Beast to that list

4. Aug 3, 2016 #4 of 18
    mickat

mickat New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Same thing happed here for Major Crimes on Mon. on

5. Aug 3, 2016 #5 of 18
    GBFAN

GBFAN Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    I scheduled a recording online for the rescheduled Nascar race on Monday and the history said another recording of the same program was scheduled but then nothing recorded. At least I didn't miss anything since it was rain/fog shortened again.

6. Aug 3, 2016 #6 of 18
    Mauiguy

Mauiguy Cool Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Well glad I am not the only one that missed that recording on an HR24. I suspect it is just another of the benefits of incessant software changes coming out of directv. They managed over time to screw up the Hr34, and now it seems that they are working to do so on the Hr24.

7. Aug 4, 2016 #7 of 18
    texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Other people missed it on other boxes. My Hr44 did not record it. Looks like there was a guide data error of some sort.

8. Aug 4, 2016 #8 of 18
    Mauiguy

Mauiguy Cool Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Evidently you are correct. My HR24 recorded the episode yesterday. I will not, however, retract my observations about the constant software "upgrades".

9. Aug 4, 2016 #9 of 18
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    What guide data error accounts for the error the TS received and listed in post 1?

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Mentor

Nov 28, 2007
    Eastern Oregon
    I have an HR44/500. I tried to record the F1 race which was on ch 209 at 5 AM PDT this morning. Got the same error, recording permissions (15). Called DirecTV and the person I talked to said I needed a new DVR because my HDD had failed. I told them OK fine send it.

Later Information: After the above communication with D* I received a rather strange email indicating I had just signed up for an upgrade. I called them to find out what it meant and was told I ordered and upgrade and three HR44 Genie's were going to be sent. I explained I didn't order an upgrade of any kind and I only wanted one new unit because they had told me mine had a bad HDD. The person I talked to said she had rescheduled my delivery and I would only get one unit and the "upgrade" was cancled. I told her that since I had a protection plan I wanted the unit delivered by and installer. They agreed but said it would take three weeks. I said OK thinking with someone bringing it to me I can at least make sure it is the correct DVR.

The old one seems to be OK and I don't think it has a bad HDD but if they want me to have a new one I'll take it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  11. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    So you'll end up with a better working 44...but I'll bet that won't solve the problem. Or you'll never see the problem again. Please let us know what happens.

Rich

tumbleweed likes this.
  12. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Mentor

Nov 28, 2007
    Eastern Oregon
    This issue is solved with the new HR44/700 that was installed, it has been running with no problems. I had a tech bring it out and he installed a new LNB and removed a spliter/combiner I no longer needed. Very good service.

Rich and jimmie57 like this.
  13. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have been running into the same issues lately (some playlist items missing on the HR54) even though I did not manually remove them from being recorded or delete them afterwards. I have the HR54/C61k.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  14. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    I had the same problem a few times, have a HR-44, this procedure has worked for me in making missing recordings visible again, on the remote control press list, takes you to recordings, on the remote press 0 and than press 0 again.
    Another thing that has worked is red button reset. The recordings are not permanently deleted.

15. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    That's the whole home bug, nothing to do with the recording permissions problem.

16. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    I had the same problem a few times, have a HR-44, this procedure has worked for me in making missing recordings visible again, on the remote control press list, takes you to recordings, on the remote press 0 and than press 0 again.
    Another thing that has worked is red button reset. The recordings are not permanently deleted.
    Sorry, I was responding to n3ntj that said his recordings were magically deleted.

17. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I didn't say the recordings were deleted since I can watch them on the C61k.. they just don't show up on the HR54's Playlist.

18. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    Yes, that's the whole home bug.