Not Sure If I Got The Free 4k Upgrade Or Not

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by CraigerM, Jun 17, 2017.

1. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I was chatting with AT&T online and he said I would qualify for the free 4k upgrade and free install because I got the protection plan. However it was strange he didn't set-up an appointment for an install. Instead he said that I would get an email about the free upgrade and install in 15 days about it. He also said something about putting it in a $399 now but if would be free in 15 days.

2. CraigerM

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I guess I didn't need to chat online with AT&T. I went to DTV.com checked the account in the change programming section at the bottom it said I didn't get the free equipment upgrade until October 18th. I guess that is accurate? I wonder why the chat CSR said I could get the free equipment upgrade in 15 days?

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    You might get the offer in that email he / she mentioned.

4. Canucked

Canucked New Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    I have seen order mod/ customer service bring upgrade dates closer. I'd check back at the 15 day mark if you haven't heard from them by then.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You wonder why? They wanted to get rid of you and move on....

You know with DIRECTV nothing is written is stone... keep calling and you will keep getting a different answer.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

compnurd likes this.
  6. DishCSR

DishCSR Godfather

Jan 14, 2004
    You're not eligible for a free upgrade until October like your account stated, the csr is full of it. There is no " you'll quality in 15 days" that was total bs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

7. CraigerM

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I wonder if maybe he just put it in the system that I want the free upgrade to 4k but I wont get the email sent out about it not in 15 days but on Oct. 18th? If so, what is in that email will it say do you want the 4k equipment and will the email ask you schedule an appointment for install? I guess they wont say what model of 4k equipment that you want in the email since the HS-17 would be out by then?

8. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Will you be alive tomorrow? The CSR can't read the future, if you aren't eligible till OCTOBER you will just have to learn some patience.

9. CraigerM

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I found DTV chat and he said the AT&T chat person never did anything about the free upgrade and didn't have to worry. So I am just going to wait until Oct. 18th. Then the HS-17 will be out. I might be changing my mind about that. If that went down I could use the DTV App right until a new one was shipped out the next day right? Also their were two dishes on the roof before and the Villa HOA didn't mind those because you couldn't see them from the street.

10. DishCSR

DishCSR Godfather

Jan 14, 2004
    He didn't do anything because he couldn't have without charging you for the upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk