Number of Clients billed?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jborchel, Dec 8, 2018.

1. jborchel

jborchel Legend

Oct 7, 2005
    I have two C61K clients wired to HS17 Genie 2. I have three tvs so two of them are on a splitter; which causes a lot of problems. I have two or three C41 clients in the drawer and wonder if I hook a third receiver up can I still be billed for two if I only use two active at the same time? Does D* have this capability in their contract?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    No. If you hook up a 3rd one your bill will increase.
    Having said that, what package / special offer did you get to sign up ? Some cover 3 or even 4 TVs.

3. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I suspect if he has extra clients laying around he likely does have one of those packages.

4. Claude A Greiner

Claude A Greiner New Member

Dec 7, 2018
    You could swap out the client, but if you add another one you will need to call Directv and add it to the bill for $7/mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    There used to be a screen that would pop up telling you that you had more clients hooked up than you have active on your account, and it would give you the option to remove authorization from one client and add it to another. Has this gone away?

Note I am talking about authorization, not the number of streams going (max of 3 streams at one time).

So say you have three clients hooked up, but only pay for two of them. When you turn on client C it would give you the option to remove authorization from client A or client B. You could tell it to remove client A, and then you would be able to use client B, or client C to watch DirecTV. The next time you tried to watch on client A the same screen would come up and you would have to select to remove client B, or client C, etc.

6. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    You can't do that with G2 because they have client tracking.

compnurd likes this.