Odd "Delete a Location" error

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by xrobmn, Apr 12, 2019.

1. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Hey all..

Long time subscriber and have been happy with D (At&ton the other hand. lol). but seeing an odd error lately..

Have a HR54, one of the 4k tuners, 2 minis, and a old HR44.. No issues.. Reverse Band LNB.. can watch 4k. and all is good..

Fast forward to the last 2-3 days.. we can be happily watching TV on the tv that has the DVR.. then watching TV (not required) elsewhere with a mini.. Out of the blue, the audio/video cuts out and get the error about "Delete a location" and that I'm authorized for 0 locations and I need to delete 3 locations.. say what?

I've RBR'ed the unit.. powered evertthing off.. refreshed services.. etc.. any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Seems like your minis got deleted from your account. Contact tech support

3. codespy

codespy RIP Starr! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Yet another reason why I won’t go solely with a server/client setup.

dreadlk and Rich like this.
  4. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    ok.. called into support. they said they see all the receivers.. (took forever to get through their 'after hours' support).. Nice guy took my info and stated that they have bee seeing this issue the last few weeks and this is the third call this week that he had, and that there is no fix. They said they pulled some logs from the receiver and would be 'watching' it. whatever that is worth.. and would contact me once there is a resolution..

luckily I do have a HR44 on the system that runs like a champ.. so that will be my backup until the issue is fixed.. odd..

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Two Genies? Please confirm.

I thought the reason behind not having 2 Genies was because the minis couldn't figure out which Genie to connect to?

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    DIRECTV only allows one Genie per account.

7. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    This might be your problem then. Is your HR44 showing additional client locations

8. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    sorry for the slow reply.. dealing with ATT made me want to cry a bit.. I have the HR54 with 4 minis (1 - 4k).. and my bad typo.. a HR24 (stand alone HR DVR)..

I called Friday and was told "it'll be fine" as it stopped that error when I was on the phone.. come saturday. all day acted up.. called in.. nice guy.. did same things.. had me remove the clients from the setup.. then got the nice 745 access card error.. did resets.. etc.. nada.. so said he's rush ship a new unit for a Monday delivery.

Monday gets here. nothing as of 8:30pm CDT.. Look online.. says 4/18.. ugh. so call in. was told "the date of 4/18 is the install that. that's the day it leave the warehouse.. then add another -3-5 days".. I asked for a tracking number.. they said they do not get one until it is out for delivery.. huh?

But was told (after being bounced around) that they are expressing it and I'd have it Tuesday..

Tuesday.. 8:30pm.. called in. "where my box".. same story as above.. except "sir... we promise that you'll have it by 8:00pm from fedex today.. 4/16 tuesday".. was like " it's 8:30pm".. response "guess you're not getting it then". so get a supervisor that told me the same thing. takes 3-5 days.. no items are processed on weekends and after 8pm'ish.. then promised I'd have it weds morning (today). asked for tracking.. was told again they do not get tracking numbers until it's out for delivery.. ..

seen fedex drive by twice and no box..

at least it's raining. I'm working from home. and can at least be in awe with the pretty screen savers they scroll past. lol

thinking this is the new directv.. as much as I did not want to see it.. and others already have. lol.. charter is looking good.. except no protection plan for hardware and devices..

9. dreadlk

dreadlk Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2007
    Earth
    This kind of deception is exactly what I don't like about Directv, and they do it in almost every aspect of their operation!
    Just tell people an honest shipping date and then there are no worries. I remember once dealing with a company that said 3-5 days and I said please tell me you can get the part to me sooner.
    The guy replied, if you want me to lie to you I can tell you it will arrive tomorrow. I laughed and said thanks for your honesty.

Rich likes this.
  10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Saddens me to see such a post. People shouldn't have to go thru this. They (ATT) expect prompt payment but do nothing with "prompt" in mind for their subscribers.

Rich