1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Playlist Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by orbit626, Aug 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. orbit626

orbit626 Cool Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Michigan
    I have been recording the game show Family Feud on the Game Show Network for the past couple of weeks, and have run into an odd issue concerning how it appears in the playlist.

Instead of grouping all of the episodes into one folder like normal, it has been splitting them up into 2, sometimes 3, seperate folders with 2 to 3 episodes in each. This is by no means a huge issue or anything, but I do find it odd as none of the other shows I record multiple episodes of do this.

Anyone have anything similar happen to them? And what would cause it?

BTW, I have an HR20-700 if it matters

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Is the title of the show just Family Fued or does it have other wording after it like Family Fued with.... ? Just a thought.

If they are all Family Fued then I don't know but if the shows name has changed a little of the years it will create a different folder for the recordings.

3. orbit626

orbit626 Cool Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Michigan
    Nope, just listed as simply "Family Feud".

4. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    It's possible for two shows with exactly the same title to be considered different series (there's some "hidden" data that controls that), and it's definitely possible that the old Richard Dawson/Ray Combs version is considered a different series from the newer Louie Anderson/Richard Karn/John O'Hurley/Steve Harvey version.

But if that's the case, I don't think the same Series Link would be working to capture both of them. So I have no idea.