Odd R22 audio issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mailiang, Sep 27, 2017.

1. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    I have a old R22 which is getting cranky. The odd thing is that the audio drops out intermittently, but only when the program material is live. Recorded material is just fine, even if you just rewind it back a few seconds from live. Directv is sending me a new DVR, but I was curious if anyone has any ideas on what might be causing the audio to do this only when watching live content. Thanks.

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Think you might have an old, bad box? Sure sounds like it. Are they giving you a 24?

Rich

3. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    Not sure. It's for my home office. The last one they replaced was for the kitchen and it was a brand new 24.

Rich likes this.
  4. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    Update. Seems there may be a software update issue that causes audio dropout issues on certain DVR's which include some versions of the Genie. They sent me another HR22/200 and it had the same problem.:rolleyes: They just shipped me an HR24 since both my HR22/500's and HR24 don't have this issue

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    They shipped you a 22 recently? Didn't think they were doing that.

Rich

6. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    Correction, they first replaced what I had originally, an R 22 not an HR 22.:eek: They also claimed that new DVR probably won't make a difference.:rolleyes: They were wrong. The 24 works just fine.;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    What? A mistake by a CSR? OMG! Glad your new 24 is working.

Rich

mailiang likes this.
  8. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    The HR 24 is now experiencing the same audio issue. All the DVR's I replaced in my home office have experienced the same problem. I also replaced the HDMI cables, and even tried using composite ones, but more importantly, they had all received the most recent fall update before this happened. My other receivers have not been updated since last April, and they work just fine. I believe this to be a recent software problem, which I was told by CS only effected certain Genie clients?o_O Any feed back would be appreciated.

Ian

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Sure looks like an NR caused your problem. That happens from time to time. All you can do is wait for the next National Release. You do seem to have the answer, now have patience.

Rich