Odd Remote Control Issue With HR24-100

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by MercurialIN, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MercurialIN

MercurialIN Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2006
    As of Sat night after the CE I've started experiencing an odd issue with the remote that I'm using with the HR24. It's one of those NFL remotes that I got last month.

When it arrived something rattled inside of the remote, like a very tiny piece had broken off inside. I opened the battery compartment but never did see anything. The remote worked ok, until Sat. When I'd point it at the 24, to for instance, bring up playlist. The green light on the remote would blink about four times but the DVR did not respond.

The DVR wouldn't respond to the remote at all. I tried resetting the remote and for a while all was fine. The next night it happened again so I just did the select and mute at the same time, entered 980 and reset the remote again and again it worked. For a while. But then it was back to blinking numerous times with each button press and the DVR wouldn't respond.

I tried changing the batteries to no avail. Finally got out an old NFL remote that I'd used previously and the DVR seems so far to be responding to it.

My question, I was concerned that the IR sensor on the DVR might be going bad. But thought this was unlikely. Honestly, I don't even know if that is possible.

Given that the new remote rattled when I received it I thought, more likely the remote went wonky. Wanted some opinions, please. Thanks.