1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odessa-Midland, TX - KPEJ now HD LIL

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by micster5, May 20, 2009.

1. micster5

micster5 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2008
    One station in Odessa-Midland is HD now, KPEJ (Fox) but for some reason the other additions, that were promised (CBS and NBC) have not been made to even SD yet and KPEJ is the only HD local on as of today. At least Fox now isn't stretched and cruddy looking.

2. micster5

micster5 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Just realized KPBT is HD as well. PBS channel 36.

3. gpctexas

gpctexas New Member

May 26, 2007
    Now if they will hurry up with KOSA and KWES :(:)

and Hello fellow city neighbor

4. micster5

micster5 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I agree with KOSA and KWES. I don't even get KWES at the casa. By the way, I am in Odessa now so we are just neighbors now ;) Sadly I was told on Tuesday that KOSA and KWES were to be added with the HD upgrade and when I got home last night I found that to not be true.

5. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
  6. Mightyram

Mightyram AllStar

Jan 8, 2007
    KOSA (CBS) and KWES (NBC) have been active in SD but as of today they are no longer active...

In order to tune to those channels follow these steps:

1. Click the ACTIVE button on the remote
    2. Look at the most popular shows on TV
    3. When there is a show on CBS or NBC click on that.
    4. You will then be tuned to the local channel even though it isn't listed in the guide.
    5. Now use the Quicktune feature to mark the channel for easy recall.

Again there is no video showing now but all last week there was...

7. micster5

micster5 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Hadn't tried that before, but tonight I did and on my H21-200 it goes black then back to the channel I was on before...

On my HR21-700 it goes to a black screen with *KOSA - 7 for CBS and goes to NBCWHD for NBC then says I did not purchase it.

Interestingly, the receive site for D* is supposedly in KOSA's studios so it seems funny to me that they don't have a contract to air KOSA.

8. micster5

micster5 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Incidentally I get KOSA beautifully over the air on one of my TVs, just can't DVR off of it. KWES gets a 0 reading at my house.