1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

off air tower

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by lamotte, Nov 11, 2008.

1. lamotte

lamotte AllStar

Aug 14, 2008
    will be moving into a older home this weekend and can hardly wait to be there.
    one question i have for the group i will have about a 55 foot tower from the previous owner outside on one corner on the house. and planning to move my dish near the tower and run new line into my basement where i plan to locate my multiswitch and then running new lines under the crawl space into all my rooms

2. lamotte

lamotte AllStar

Aug 14, 2008
    question for the group will be moving into a older home this weekend with a 55 foot tower from the previous owner. will be mounting my directv on a pole near by and running all new lines putting my multiswitch in my basement and new lines to all rooms in the house also. planning to drop the tower and replace my antenna with new one and rotor. should i have any problems once this is done running two line into the house at all

3. cb7214

cb7214 Icon

Jan 25, 2007
    you forgot the question :D

4. cb7214

cb7214 Icon

Jan 25, 2007
    you shouldn't you would just have to drill a new hole, unless you ask the installer to drill an extra one for you

5. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Save the tower and install a windmill generator on it.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Shouldn't need tower for DBS - save it for OTA or the windmill generator idea :D .

7. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007