1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off The Wagon!!!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by juan ellitinez, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
  2. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    Talk about reliable sources (NOT)!

3. bobsupra

bobsupra Work In Progress DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 12, 2002
    And if Fox reported it...reliable? But I really doubt he's slipped. Too many people watching.

4. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    haha....I think this goes in the laughter section...."It's Jim Beam or me".

5. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah, especially since I would think that GWB would have better taste in whiskey, which is another reason to suspect the veracity of the article.

(Not to say Jim Beam isn't good, but there are many other better one's on the market)

6. bobsupra

Jul 12, 2002
    Not if one of the daughters supplied it, not knowing any better (slap my face).

7. Ken Howe

Ken Howe Legend

Aug 9, 2005
    herm... and here i am thinking bush has been drinking the entire time...

Zing!

8. parttimedevotion

parttimedevotion Mentor

Aug 31, 2005
    come on now, Bush dosen't drink...............he snorts cocain remember. Duhhh
    that and the children eating thing...........but those are his only vices :D

9. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    That was a shot of blood from a stolen baby. Its all a coverup, trying to get people to think its just booze. :lol:

10. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Where's maindish been hiding?? I would think a post like this would drive him out of hibernation

11. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003

I'll see if I can fill in, in his absence.....

You wanna talk about drinking?
    What about Ted "Chappaquiddick" Kennedy :):):)
    That guy's sooooooooo fat....his a@@ has its own area code.
    When Ted Kennedy lies around the house....he REALLY lies around the house!:):):(

Remind me again, why I should vote for the dumb-a-craps? :):(:)

12. markh

markh Hall Of Fame

Mar 24, 2002
    Not bad. You forgot to call Michael Moore "Captain Neckfat".

13. DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Didn't think about Bush and the bottle. But it does make sense. So many people I know found Jesus after going on the wagon. I think it is a strong part of the AA step program to be brainwashed with Jesus substitution. Couple of friends I had went through the program, one voluntary and the other forced by the court. The one who did it voluntarily was really becomming obnoxious with the new "I found Jesus personality." No one could carry on a conversation with him without him quoting scripture to back up everything he said. Almost like jonstad does with Google links. :D One day I had about enough and begged him to go back to drinking because he was a much nicer person before he found Jesus. Then I got a Bible lesson and a half from him. I walked away and never saw him again. The other friend who was being mentored by him through AA is still in touch although he moved out of town. He claims to be off the juice for 5 years now but I don't believe him. He told me that the other guy went back on the bottle when he lost his job through bothering his coworkers about being saved etc. Next he got a DUI and went to prison. So- may I say that Bush's propensity for Jesus etc is an over reaction to the booze abstinence.
    I used to drink like a fish but one day I looked in the mirror and didn't like what I saw it was doing to me. I quit cold turkey for over 25 years. Today I have a half glass of red wine about 4 days per week with evening dinner. I've been told by the doctor and my daughter who's new hobby is neutrition that it is good for me. I know she's right because liquor in moderation was always good to me. :D Thank Jesus I learned how to control it. yuk yuk!

14. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Thank Jesus indeed. :D
    BTW, were YOU a nicer person when you drank? Nick was nicer when he was smoking. But I still don't want him to start again. :)

15. DonLandis

DonLandis Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Well I was a strange drunk by lots of standards. You see I tried to be in control of it. I only drank at home in the evenings after dinner. Never out in public, bars or restaurants. And I drank until I fell asleep. After two years of this I quit as I said and walked out from in front of the mirror and poured a bar load of bottles down the sink drain. with running water of course as I know better than to pour flammables down the drain. Then I hauled my small portable bar cabinet out to the trash. That's exactly how it happened. I guess I wasn't a serious drunk because I didn't get the DT's and after 3 weeks of drying out I tried to test a beer and couldn't stand the smell. Poured the can of beer down the drain too.

Anyway, I just saw Bush talk briefly from Austin and all I can say is we may have to get ready for President Cheney if he doesn't soon dry out. He was hoarse and extremely puffy-eyed. He looked seriously ill. Maybe now I'm looking for the signs but still let me know what you think. He is in trouble. He is down and I hope the leadership he has put in place can pick up the slack. Maybe he should ask Teddy how he does it? But then Kennedy doesn't take any responsibility, ever.

16. bobsupra

Jul 12, 2002
    But Teddy is not the prez, and is answerable only to his state. I didn't vote for or against him and treat him like the other 97 Senators who are not my problem. My Senators, and President, on the other hand are accountable to me and I pay attention to their views, performance, and style. Bush has lost his swagger and I can't help but wonder why.

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    We get the weirdest sources in here. I don't agree with everything the president does but I would need a lot more credible source than the Enquirer before I started to worry about his drinking. The enquirer will print anything to sell papers.

BTW due to the nature of what AA is statistics on membership are always questionable. However it is estimated that it has about 2 million members in the US. The DC area alone has at least 170 separate meetings in a week. The individual groups are only loosely affiliated with another. Drawing any conclusions about the organization or the membership as a whole based on esperiences with 2 members is probably not a good idea.

18. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    You know what though Chief? I'm not making any judgment calls on this, but when I did a search there are a LOT of sources out there saying this or something similar. Many of them are quoting this article, but not all of them.

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    i would have to see something far more credible than that rag to warrant concern.

20. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I went to an AA social meeting in Minneapolis one time (not as a member) with a customer of mine that I had engineered an album (one of those flat black things with a long groove on each side) for. He wanted to introduce me to other members who might have been interested in doing a similar project. It was an interesting evening. I am sure that AA has helped the vast majority of the people there, but I could barely stand to stay in the room. You could almost cut the air with a knife there was so much smoke in the room. Nearly everyone was walking around with a cigarette in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Nothing came of the introductions, but over time my customer sold all 500 albums that he ordered, mostly to AA members. Minnesota was one of the first states to clamp down on indoor smoking, I wonder if AA buildings are exempt as private organizations. I think that having to eliminate smoking in an AA facility could result in a significant decline in membership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.