Old guy learning tech

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by MChang, Dec 25, 2019.

1. MChang

MChang New Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I have a Samsung tab A my wife uses when we fly. I want to get her blue tooth head phones. Can I use these with the wifi on the plane when she watches the free movies on the plane or do I need a plug in type? Thanks. Brian

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    The bluetooth headsets will connect your audio from your tablet to your headsets. The wifi on the plane will allow your wife to stream video.

Since you're posting here, I'll assume you have DIRECTV. If you have an HR44 or HR54 (and maybe the HS17 (I forget if that works)), you can copy recorded shows from your Genie to your tablet using the DIRECTV App for Android Tablets.

I'd recommend a set of bluetooth headsets like these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TPDTM71/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Not only are they bluetooth and have active noise cancelling, but they come with a cable that you can plug into your tablet or the plane. They also have the dual-plug adapter that some planes use.
    (Like these) 71iLpnU0RyL._SL1500_.jpg

Rich likes this.
  3. MChang

MChang New Member

Aug 21, 2019
    thanks.