On Demand HD Pictures Intermittently Expands and Contracts

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by comizzou573, Jul 5, 2020.

1. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    Everytime I watch an On-Demand movie or show, the pictures keeps expanding and contracting throughout the show.

2. sparky27

sparky27 Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I have this same problem!

3. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    I am getting tired of dish, and charging so much for shitty programming. NFL is gone, hbo gone, and rsn gone. Next thing you know dish network is bankrupt.

4. sparky27

sparky27 Member

Jun 25, 2019
    We still like having Dish service.
    I do agree it is annoying and hopefully someone can help us out on here!

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH is still profitable ... but if you feel so strongly seek other options. I doubt there will be much of an effort to keep you. (I had a friend cancel last year ... all the rep at DISH asked was where they were going. The rep made no attempt to "win back" the customer and no offers arrived in the year after cancellation.)

6. sparky27

sparky27 Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I just contacted Dish and they accessed my hopper and said my internet wasn't fast enough and the video was doing that because you need at least 5mbps to stream correctly. Anyone know if this is true? I know it says we're getting between 2.85 and 7 mbps usually when we start the stream. Also it never seems to happen with my sons programming on Nick jr on demand or Disney Jr on Demand..only with a movie rental streamed and Black Sails on Starz.