1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Demand Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tomallison24, Jan 18, 2013.

1. tomallison24

tomallison24 AllStar

Dec 10, 2008
    Did a search and found nothing, or maybe I'm missing something as I've seen no other complaints.

I have all of the premium channels so I never, ever buy any programming. Yet, when I try to go through "On Demand" I see page after page of programming to buy, making it completely useless to me to use it to find free programming.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to sort out the $ from On Demand? Thanks.

2. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    select by channel.

3. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If you're looking for the premium channels start at channel 1500.

4. tomallison24

tomallison24 AllStar

Dec 10, 2008
    I'm looking for everything that doesn't cost $.

5. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Like the man said search by channel and don't search the pay channels, there is no way to weed out the ones with dollar signs they make money with those.

6. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    You can also add a 1 to just about any channel number to get their on demand page which has all free programming (in general). HBO starts at channel 501 so going to channel 1501 gives you HBO on demand. As stated previously, you can also go to the options that says "Browse by Channel" and that will take you through each network where you can view their free content.