on demand question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by lungs414, May 10, 2016.

1. lungs414

lungs414 New Member

May 16, 2013
    I just had my install today. I had Verizon Fios and if I wanted to watch a show I missed I used on demand. Say The Family on ABC. I found the on demand channel but I don't see all the episodes. Am I doing something wrong or are all the shows not available. I want to watch last sundays show.

Thanks

2. bmetelsky

bmetelsky Cool Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Give it at least 24 hours to "settle in". Then you should have no problems.

3. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    It will take some time for all the titles to "load" but you will find that the content is lacking on a lot of the channels. All the premium movie channels HBO, etc.... have all of the content but other channels the content varies and some programs may only have one or two shows from each season. It all depends on the contract they have with each other as to what will be available.

4. lungs414

lungs414 New Member

May 16, 2013
    ok I will wait and check again thanks

5. skoolpsyk

skoolpsyk Mentor

May 24, 2007
    I wish that were true. I've had many bad experiences with HBO and Cinemax having missing episodes of series. I've called DirecTv and HBO, and sent emails to both and of course each one always blames the other...

6. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    They have some known issues right now but they have contract for all content.

7. tvaddict

tvaddict Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Texas
    Nearly every time we try to use On Demand whatever we want is not available. Have an issue now with new NBC show Game of Silence. We heard from friends after the first few shows that it was something we might be interested in so set it to record the series. By then it was at episode 4, after a couple of weeks we finally managed to get episodes 1 and 2 On Demand, but 3 has never shown up. So we have episodes 1,2,4, and 5, with 6 and 7 upcoming and set to record, but cannot get 3. Talked to Directv today and they said it is a "known issue" and they are "working on it".

8. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    I wouldn't bother. Game of Silence was cancelled by NBC so it will not return for a second season. As far as catching up on missed shows I don't even bother with on demand anymore. I just watch it on Hulu unless it's a CBS show (CBS doesn't play ball with streaming providers).

9. tvaddict

tvaddict Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Texas
    Yeah I know, this was one of the few NBC shows that I really liked, so of course they cancelled it. But we finally did manage to get all of the episodes, but another gripe with Directv is the ones from On Demand (if you can ever manage to get them) expire within a few days and get deleted. If you record them when they're on, keep them as long as you like. What kind of logic is this? It just really hacks me off that they advertise "watch anything, anywhere, on any device, with On Demand" when in reality you can't watch much of anything with On Demand.

1 person likes this.
  10. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    The DirecTV on demand system, in general, has maybe 1/4 or less of the actual on demand offerings from most channels, particularly the premiums. Get a Roku, and link the apps to your DirecTV account, and you'll get a LOT more from just about every channel.

Exactly why, I don't think anyone will ever know.

11. knoxbh

knoxbh Legend

May 1, 2002
    I know this may seem to be a dumb question, but I have a Roku and would like to know how to link the apps on my DirecTV account.

Thanks.

12. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    The apps themselves should prompt you when you try to use them (we're talking about apps such as HBO GO or Showtime Now). They'll have you use a computer/tablet/phone to sign in to your DirecTV account in order to fully activate the on-demand service.