1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On Going On Demand/Rental Problem

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by tcatdbs, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Sep 4, 2012 #1 of 11
    tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Never had a problem with on demand, but tonight the on demand button, blockbuster button, and rentals button, all do nothing.

2. Sep 4, 2012 #2 of 11
    RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Do you see any error messages on screen when you try and access those options?

3. Sep 4, 2012 #3 of 11
    tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    No messages. A small "pip" screen pops up for half second of current show, but then just the current show continues. Nothing at all happens when rentals button is hit, all other dev folders work fine. If try a reboot, but I'm recording 2 shows. Nothing was recording before 8:00 when I tried all the options to on demand.

Tested broadband connection, logged into fb, hopper seems to be operating normally other than no on demand access (not even to rentals)

4. Sep 4, 2012 #4 of 11
    RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I would try a front panel reset with the red reset button. Send me a PM if you are still not able to access these features so I can go over some additional troubleshooting with you. Thanks!

5. Sep 5, 2012 #5 of 11
    philipk

philipk New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I have had an on going problem watching my on demand recordings.

My Hopper was installed one month ago. Most of the time that I retrieve a program in the rental folder I don't have a problem.

On three occasions including last night, the follow occurs.

1. Press "DVR" button on remote and the DVR menu appears on screen.

2. Navigate to "Rentals"

3. Press "Select" on the remote and nothing happens. I am unable to enter "Rentals" folder.

4. Go to any other folder and press "Select" and I enter the folder.

5. Navigate back to "Rentals" and press "Select" and nothing happens.

6. Reset the system.

7. I can then enter the "Rentals" and watch the program.

This has happened three times and is very annoying as it takes a while for the system to reset.

Is this a software problem or a problem specific to my Hopper?

Thanks.

6. Sep 5, 2012 #6 of 11
    tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    I waited until this AM to try it again to see if the overnight boot fixed anything, did not. The red button reset fixed it, thanks! May be time to buy a fan to blow over it, maybe it was an overheat issue (although it's on a wide open shelf with 5" space above)

7. Sep 5, 2012 #7 of 11
    tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Exactly what happened to me (so far only once)... reset fixed it. Wondering about overheat issue maybe.

8. Sep 5, 2012 #8 of 11
    philipk

philipk New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I saw your post and wasn't sure you had the same issue. That is why I added a second thread.

If the moderator wishes to combine both threads, please do so.

Thanks!

9. Sep 5, 2012 #9 of 11
    broeddog

broeddog AllStar

Sep 11, 2009
    Phillips I had the same issue you reported happen to me last week. I called Dish to trouble shoot this issue and was connected to somebody in their broadband/Internet department. I was told this was a known issue and to reset the receiver using the red button reset method and like you was able to view all recordings in my rental folder. I was told by the individual in that department that an upcoming software update will resolve the issue all together.

10. philipk

philipk New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Thanks for the update!

11. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...