On my 4th Hopper3 in 2 months

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by rkpo2626, May 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rkpo2626

rkpo2626 New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    U.S.A.
    When I go into Applications and check weather or sports my screen goes black until I turn off/on receiver. Its intermittent. Thus I am on 4th Hopper3 after 2 technician visit in 2 months. Anyone else having this trouble?

They gave me mlb xtra innings for free for my trouble but was wondering if directv might be a better choice.

2. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Common issue. Will probably get fixed eventually. A 5th Hopper will make no difference, as there was nothing wrong with any of your other Hoppers.

DirecTV does have equally lame and slow apps. But they don't often crash so hard.

I recommend you check your weather and sports on your phone for now and keep Dish. Otherwise, you're looking at a hefty cancellation fee.

3. rkpo2626

rkpo2626 New Member

Jan 5, 2015
    U.S.A.
    They waived the penalty fee and gave me mlb xtra innings for free. Had directv a while ago and never had any problems plus piucture seemed much better. Thanks for the reply

4. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    So if you cancelled your service, they promised not to charge you a fee? Well done. I say go for it in that case.