1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once Upon a Time - 12/11/2011 - "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" - Fall Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drew2k, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Damn, but what a way to end the first half of the first season!

I'm happy and sad at the same time... such mixed emotions.

2. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I just can't believe that Graham was killed off. I liked his character and like where the episode was going with he and Emma, but his destiny was foretold in "the land that was".

Henry was definitely right about Emma - she's got the magic touch alright.

It was also interesting that present-day Rumpelstiltskin was trying to help Graham remember, or at least prodding him to try. I do wonder what he was doing in the forest with a heavy-duty apron and a shovel though.

Really looking forward to the show's return in 2012!

3. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I had forgotten that somebody was going to die. Great episode.

4. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I've just about caught up with Once Upon a Time (all but Sunday's episode) and have really been impressed with how intelligently this show has evolved. The characters are developing nicely and the stories are getting more complex.

I think this is now my favorite new show of the season.

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Its kind of hard to remember that before the season started, the critics were all aglow about Grimm (just another cop buddy show w/monsters) and were somewhat panning this one.

Which just re-enforces my thoughts that critics ought to be seen and not heard!! :)

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I have to say, I was a skeptic about a show on Disney's ABC about a bunch of Disney fairy tale characters. But the shows creators/writers/producers Adam Horowitz And Edward Kitsis have done a good job worthy of their extensive resum├ęs. And the actors are outstanding.

7. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    The twist with Prince Charming and the dragon was a bit shocking, but it's good to keep the audience guessing.

8. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I'm was wondering why the kid can see the curse. Why is *he* not blinded by backstory? Then it hit me that he must have been born 'outside' the curse - and they mentioned he was born in prison. So this begs the question as to WHY the mayor adopted him? I wondered if the mayor even KNEW she was the Queen but that question was answered without question at the mausoleum. So why introduce someone/something from the outside? And how did Emma end up outside Storybrooke? I mean, being put in the wardrobe must have something to do with it - but, again, if Emma escaped (and clearly had no knowledge of Storybrooke or from whence it came), why bring her kid back to Storybrooke?

...and then, how did the kid make the connection between the book that Snow gave him and all the people in the town?

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Mr. Gold found the kid and brought him to the mayor, IIRC.

10. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Up until the mausoleum scene, I assumed the Queen also suffered from amnesia like the others, and I still prefer to think of it that way. It makes her more human - someone who is deeply wounded rather than just plain evil. So maybe she doesn't fully know or understand the power she wields.

Her adoption of Henry plays into her obsessive need to control everyone related to the fairytale world. So even though Henry and Emma are a threat, she would rather keep them in Storybrook than have them in the free world.

11. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    And you're right of course... but is she really evil? Is anyone really evil? Or is she still deeply flawed to the point where her judgment has become critically skewed? That's one of the good things about this show, that it allows you to think along those lines.

12. balboadave

balboadave Legend

Mar 3, 2010
    I'm pretty sure when you take a magical analog of a heart, crush it it in your hands, and that causes a good guy to die, you're evil.

13. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Hmmm. :grin:

Well, Wikipedia says:
    I guess this was an act of violence, but if it was "necessary" and "discriminate" in her mind I guess it might not be "evil."

14. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Hiring a hit-man to kill your stepdaughter? Yeah. Evil.

I'm interested in hearing what Snow White supposedly did that prevented E.Q. from ever loving or being happy again. The EQ is quick to blam Snow without explaining exactly what it was - classic symptom of someone trying to transfer blame.

So far, my wife's theory is that the EQ was jealous over not being able to have ALL of her husband's (Snow's father) love - that she was not able to break the special bond between a child and parent.

15. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    Yes she is evil and she knows it!

16. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Not evil, just misunderstood ;)
    Bad girls need love too...