1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one dish 512 receiver two tv's watch both ota as well

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by ladyharley, Feb 26, 2013.

1. ladyharley

ladyharley Cool Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Can someone tell me how to connect (1) dish 512 receiver on two TV's along with being able to see OTA cable from roof antenna on both Tv's as well as seeing dish?

Thank you

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Umm... I thought you literally just posted in another thread that you canceled Dish?

3. ladyharley

ladyharley Cool Member

Aug 4, 2008
    i did but I still get some programming just not subcribed stuff weird LOL

4. ladyharley

ladyharley Cool Member

Aug 4, 2008
    LOL lotta lookers no one knows?

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Your 512 will go black within a month indicating no subscription, The 512 dosen't have an ATSC tuner so it caqn't get OTA.

6. ladyharley

ladyharley Cool Member

Aug 4, 2008
    hmmm I had it set up but had to move things around. I had both tv's on dish and both received Digital reception from one OTA cable from the roof. I just don't remember how it was done.

7. Skeeterman

Skeeterman Legend

Jun 24, 2003
    ladyharley, here would be your instructions.

Connect a RG-6 coax cable from the "satellite" in port on back of the 512 and run it to the "other TV" you want to use. Connect the RG-6 coax to the TV "in" port connector. If you have a set of RCA-type (Red-White-Yellow) cables. Connect the Video "yellow" cable to the TV-1 "output" on the 512 receiver. Connect the other Yellow RCA to the TV's RCA 'Video Input" on the TV. Connect the other RCA-type (Red and White) cables..."audio inputs" from the 512 TV-1 "output" to the TV audio imput ports.

To get the "locals OTA stations, you must connect a RG-6 coax cable from the roof antenna to the TV CH 3-4 port.

If you have "still" the Dish 512 receiver, all the above is listed on pages 23-27