One Hopper 2 cannot always see the other Hopper 2

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by BillJ, Jul 8, 2020.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    This is the second time this has happened. Wanted to watch a program recorded on the den Hopper 2 on the family room Hopper 2. Can access the den Hopper 2 but the programs stored there do not show. Just the normal DVR program screen with no content. I could still access and view programs on the family room Hopper from the den Hopper.When this happened a few weeks ago I checked everything I could think of and it all appeared normal. I was going to call Dish but delayed because I didn't have time for a long call just then. A few days later we had no problem accessing either Hopper from the other Hopper. Last night we were going to watch something from the den in the family room and again had no content displayed.

Don't know what the problem is or why it corrected itself the last time.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Are you only using coax for them to see each other ? Or have you also installed ethernet ? Or have both of them setup on the WiFI ?

Ideally, since you record with both , all you should need is the coax and the Wifi / ethernet to the Internet is only on one of them.

3. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    this has happened to me as well with 2 HWS
    when this option does work, I still have issues when pressing the stop key at the end of the program...……….it just freezes