1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more "my iPad 2 isn't here yet commiseration thread

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Stuart Sweet, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    As some of you know, my iPad2 is not here yet. I reserved one from the next shipment at Best Buy and there is no word on when that shipment will be.

When it cones, I'm going to try every IPTV option I can except Hulu as I have vowed never to give them my money.

2. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    I'll have mine in my hands when I drive through Georgia on my way home from Louisville on the 28th. It's waiting for me at a friends apple based store. He called me this morning and told me it was there, I paid for it, and I'll get to see him on my way home. All is good.

I hope you get yours soon Stuart!

3. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Just make sure you plug that baby into a computer to activate it. You don't want to spend the trip staring at the iTunes USB cord all the way home. :)

4. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    Do you have Sling? That's a good one to try.

5. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Oh, don't worry, Chris... My buddy will activate it at the store, and if nothing else, I have my MacBook Air to activate it with when I get to the hotel a couple of hours later... But thanks for reminding me. There's no way I'd go without activating it.

6. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    I ordered mine from the Apple store the day it opened, Mar 11th. The confirmation email says it will be delivered April 6th, ouch!.

7. Alliekat

Alliekat Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Nov 7, 2007
    I have been in 2 Target stores in the Dallas area this week and both had some units in stock. One in Mckinney had a 32 Wifi and a 64 At&T. The store in Allen had 3 but didn't see the types.

8. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Picking mine up today on the way back home from Louisville to So. Florida. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

9. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    Here is a way to check Target store inventory for IPad 2:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12171757&postcount=340

10. Tony Chick

Tony Chick Legend

Aug 24, 2006
    Woohoo, finally got a shipping notification. it left Shenzen and is sitting at the FedEx facility in Lantau Island, Hong Kong scheduled for delivery on thursday.

11. dirtyblueshirt1367066126

dirtyblueshirt1367066126 New Member

Apr 8, 2011
    I think I'll hold off on the iPad 2, there's not a whole lot to justify upgrading from my 32GB WiFi+3G iPad...

12. Chris Blount

Jun 22, 2001
    I agree with you. I had the iPad 1 and upgraded to the iPad 2 only because I had the extra cash. If I didn't have the money, I probably wouldn't have done it. The added benefits are nice but really not worth the upgrade.