One TV2 remote can control 2 DVR's?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by slowmo, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowmo

slowmo Legend

Sep 22, 2006
    We have two dvr's, a 625 and a 622. Both operate in single, shared mode with TV2 outputting to small bedroom TV's via coax. I have the standard remotes with each (5.0 IR and 6.0 UHF Pro for 625 and 5.3 IR and 6.3 UHF Pro for 622).

Recently, I combined the TV2 outputs from the 625 and 622 so that the master bedroom TV can view content from either DVR. I've changed the modulation setup within each DVR so that I'm not duplicating the assigned channel and I've made sure that each DVR recognizes a unique TV2 remote address (3 for the 625 and 4 for the 622).

It all works fine except that I must reprogram the UHF Pro remote's SAT setting from 3 to 4 and vice versa, as needed.

Is there not an easier way to do this with the existing remotes? (The 622's manual states that the 6.3 UHF Pro will not control another 622 or 625 via the AUX button.)

2. nsafreak

nsafreak Legend

Mar 23, 2004
    I honestly can't think of a way to do it. There are no universal remotes that I know of that work on the Dish Network UHF frequency (although there are some RF universal remotes out there) and if you just set them both to the same remote channel then that'll likely cause problems. Unfortunately I think you're out of luck on this one.

3. slowmo

slowmo Legend

Sep 22, 2006
    Thanks; not a big deal as that particular TV will primarily utilize the TV2 output from the 625.

My biggest challenge will be to remember the programming sequence and the remote addresses whenever we do want to access the 622's TV2 output.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.