1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opening Ports

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by AttiTech, Apr 21, 2011.

1. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    For some reason I have NEVER been able to get this to work. I tried using the instructions on portforward.com but it doesn't seem to do anything. I used to play some pc games (WoW, Everquest, EVE, Modern Warfare 2, ect) and they were somewhat lagging. I found out it's an issue with portforwarding but I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, or if it's not helping or what. I know the lag isn't from my internet connection or PC, both are top notch.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Couple of possibilities, is there a firmware upgrade for your router? What firewall do you have on your pc?

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    You're using dd-wrt right?

The biggest thing is to make sure that a: your pc you want to have the ports forwarded to doesn't change it's IP address. You could try using UPNP.

If you're using dd-wrt check this: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Port_Forwarding

4. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    You should enable UPnP. Port forwarding is only useful if it's coming in on a defined port (which AFAIK Battle.net traffic uses a range of ports) and if you PC's IP is (relatively) static.