1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordered dish, installed in 2 days, should I wait for 722?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by area123, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. area123

area123 Mentor

Dec 12, 2006
    I assume I can cancel and re-sign up at any time but I'm not sure. Is there any reason to wait for the 722 or should I just do it? There is no hurry for me to get dish other than a few extra channels and saving a few bucks. I've heard a little about the 722 like that it will have a larger hdd but I don't know any details about it being worth a few month wait (or however long).

Also, the csr said I can't garantee you will get a 622, what else would they give me for a dual tuner hd reciever? They seem to never mention recievers by name when I call.

thanks for any info.

2. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    There is information out there that indicates that Dish is looking at releasing the 722 in mid August, but nothing official from Dish. If your not in a hurry you might want to wait at least a few weeks and see what happens.

3. area123

area123 Mentor

Dec 12, 2006
    Can I postpone my install to make sure I get the 722, or will they give me the same line "we can't garantee any specific reciever"? How long will they let me hang in limbo w/o an install date? Or can I just keep putting off my install date for a couple months?

What are the main benefits of getting the 722? Maybe it's better not to get the initial release of this new dvr and wait to upgrade. But I know how dish is about existing customers, they don't tend to treat them well on equipment upgrades.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Probably the only way to be sure of getting a 722 would be to wait at least a year after it has been released. I say that because, even if Dish stops making the 622 there will be existing inventory that they will want to run through... and for lease-scenarios they also will have refurbs for quite a while.

Unless they decide to specifically push 722s out the door to new customers for the VOD features they want to support... I'm not sure if you could guarantee which model receiver you'd get for a little while.

I'm just speaking from example for other receiver models. I have a 501 in my 2nd room... and even when it died last year I still got a refurb 501 replacement for it rather than a 508 or a 510... and they don't make any of those models anymore.

As a new customer I think they push the newer receiver models over those in the case of SD DVRs... but with the 622 being less than 2 years old, I'm not sure it would be that "old" yet.

5. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Good point HDMe, I guess that is the million dollar question, will they be marketed/sold separately from the 622's or not. I had assumed so, but based on what the CSR said, that may not be the case. I guess we'll find out when they are released.

6. ardeel

ardeel Cool Member

Jul 27, 2007
    i would wait for the 722 for the networking abilities, you can postpone your istall date for as long as you want, if it goes past thirty days you have to build a new work order. dont settle for the 622 if thats not what you want. you wouldnt let your cell phone provider tell which phone you have to use would you? your the customer. personally i would never set up this type of service over the phone with someone who probubly has no idea about your expectations. youll be signing a 18 mo comitment and paying a lot of money every mo so you should make sure its not a decision youll regret later,ive never heard of dish net selling you a contact with a "no guaranty" of what equipt youll be getting. if the csr is telling you something the to me is unexceptable ,dont try to convince them other wise...simply ask to talk to thier supervisor. he/she will be more motivated to make you happy. if still no luck find a retailer in your area (sells and installs ) they be to get the equipt you want and if you have any problems then you have a person to deal with ,not a 1-800 # in india , to help you

7. bnwtrout

bnwtrout Mentor

Dec 5, 2005
    I'm scheduled for a 722 install on the 13th. As a long time dish customer I told CSR to give me the latest hardware or no deal and I keep my 942 box. They said OK...now we'll see what shows-up on the 13th.

8. haloguy628

haloguy628 Cool Member

Aug 5, 2007
    I placed order for Dish service after moving and cancelling Comcast. The install was scheduled for afternoon (12 - 5PM) on the July 29th. The installer finally showed at 7:15PM according the note he left on my door by which time I was already gone.

I then looked on the Internets and found out about the 722, so I called Dish and tried to get clear answer if I woud receive the 722 if I wait till Aug 15th for the install, being that they screwed up and I lost whole afternoon waiting and still ended up with no service.

After numerous phonecalls and non-commital answers from regular CS I called the executive resolution department in Englewood CO. To my suprise the guy was really rude and would not even admit that they were coming out with the 722.

After some pushing from me he told me that Aug15th is one week in the future and therefore the 722 does not exist until then. He also told me that the 722 will be for new customers only. Me naively hinking that since I just signed up I would fall into that category. He quickly dashed my hopes and told me that if the order was placed prior to Aug 15th the DVR I would get would be the 622. No budging.

So I just told him to cancell the order. I used to have Dish from 1998 to 2003 and was quite satisfied, but these past few days dealing with the idiots on the other side of the tel line makes me think of other alternatives. What happened with Dish? Are they so successful that they can afford to turn away customers these days? My order was for Top 250 with HD and two premium channels. Don't they want my hundred bucks a month? I wonder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.