1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orgreenic

Discussion in 'The OT' started by AntAltMike, Mar 16, 2013.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Has anyone bought any Orgreenic pans? They are marketed heavily on the broadcast TV, "re-run" sub channels. They claim to have a non-stick ceramic surface that is as good as Teflon, but it isn't.

I looked into buying one, but when I tried to buy it online, I didn't find the exact same "deal" I had seen on TV. It was a small matter, but the deal on TV included a ceramic knife, whereas none of the internet packages did, so I googled Orgreenic and found that it could be bought anywhere, like eBay, Amazon, Walmart and Target, and I wound up buying a 10" frying pan from eBay, albeit, without the knife.

The first time I used it, the food virtually floated on the cooking surface. I mean, I could have blown the food around in the pan, and there is a youtube video of someone actually doing that, but within a week, it was taking me considerable elbow grease to clean it after each use, and now, less than a month later, its surface is no more stick resistant than is stainless steel.

I have since searched the internet for complaints, and found about a hundred thousand of them. Surprisingly, while over 99% of those complaining were disappointed with the surface, the most venomous of the complaints were about the business practices that the seller used to oversell, overcharge and evade warranty responsibility.

My 10" orgreenic pan is a very nice but very ordinary pan. It has adequate heft and a nice, stainless steel handle, but it simply is not a non-stick pan.

I live near an Ikea store, and bought a cheap 10" Teflon pan there today for $5.99. It only weights 2/3s as much as my Orgreenic pan, but I just use it as a baking tray, so I don't really care about its mass and thermal distribution properties. It also has a plastic handle which might not hold up at oven temperatures, but I removed it because I don't need it for my usage. A Teflon pan from Ikea with heft comparable to that of my orgreenic.com pan costs about $20.

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Always avoid infomercial products.

You can find them at Dollar General too, but when I see 'As seen on TV', I say 'not for me'.

3. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    All you had to do was read the Orgreenic reviews on Amazon and you never would have bought one in the first place.

I have a pretty simple rule that has always worked well, which is, never buy anything sold via infomercials. Or, for that matter, anything sold on any shopping channel. 99% of all that stuff is either overpriced, or garbage, or most likely both.

Keith

PS Biggest mistake people make with non-stick pans is to run them through the dishwasher. This is a great way to ruin the coating.

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    But my Gojo Hands free is working so well!!

j/k

Google it if you haven't seen it! Stick your cell phone to a plastic headband with a suction cup.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The only pan I would like to try for it non-stick and durability, is the diamond coated one. Unlike the green orgreenic and the blue yoshi, the reviews appear good, but I can't seem find where I can only get the flying pan at a reasonable price.

Just did another search, found the 8" Swiss Diamond Flying Pan at Chefs for just $50 with FREE SHIPPING.

6. Drucifer

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Anyone have any comments on AquaRug?

7. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Oh, I don't know. I had pretty good luck with my Mister Microphone.

8. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I just saw their ad last night. I'm more interested in using it on the low spot near the bathroom door where the water accumulates when people have stepped out of the shower or tub that becomes slippery, but I am surprised at how expensive it is. $27 when you include shipping, or $34 for two. I googled for a similar product, but the only one was similarly priced. I might buy it anyway. Have you tried it yet?

9. Drucifer

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Nope!