Original Air Date - Network Strangeness

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dbconsultant, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA
    Has anyone else noticed that for the Los Angeles networks (sat - don't have OTA), the original air dates are showing, for instance 11-05-09 even though today is 11-05-09. Look at Criminal Minds and L&O SVU at 9 to see an example. The shows at 8:00 have the correct date but all the shows starting at 9 or later have the original air date showing 11-05-09. I have looked out as far as next Monday and see the same thing for any programs starting at 9 or later.

Not interfering with dvr'ing or anything but I just thought it was strange!

:confused:

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Can't remember which episode it was... but a Family Guy episode on Cartoon Network I was watching the other night said 11/18/09 was the original air date!

I think it was actually a repeat of a Family Guy episode that had already aired in October! :eek2:

3. Pete K.

Pete K. Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Dish DVR's have all sorts of strange quirks. This really does not surprise me.

4. janeslogin

janeslogin Legend

Dec 13, 2006
    In our area, Jeopardy, only on Mondays, had the correct day and month but previous year - for months, I haven't checked recently.

5. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Sorry, but this is NOT the fault of Dish. Blame Tribune for the faulty programming data they send out.

6. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    It seems to creep up even worse around the time changes. I usually have 1 or 2 timers every few months I just have to delete and hope to add before the new shows start airing again so I can avoid recording dozens of reruns listed as new.

It's Always Sunny in PA has had some issues in the last week or so among others.

7. catnapped

catnapped AllStar

Dec 14, 2007
    Those dates are more often that not useless...many of them show the date the series premiered