Original streaming service shows...

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by SledgeHammer, Jun 8, 2020.

1. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Netflix is the most popular service and has a ton of original shows, but... *shrug* I can't find a single thing NF original show to watch. I've tried Ozark, Stranger Things, Outer Banks and 13 Reasons why this weekend. ST, I just don't like super natural stuff too much, but the others were just too slow.

Tried a few on Amazon Prime too... Jack Ryan... also slow.

Apple I've found several: For All Mankind, Defending Jacob, Amazing Stories, Home Before Dark

Quibi I found a bunch: Most Dangerous Game, FreeRayshawn, The Stranger, When The Streetlights Go On, 50 States Of Fright -- weird.. once these shows ended, they stopped adding new shows. Maybe they are waiting for the 90 day trials to end? They were supposed to have a new show today, but it "no showed" lol. And still waiting on The Fugitive with Keifer.

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Maybe the problem is that you suffer from “short attention span syndrome”? :)

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    They may also be having problems producing new content in a world where people are physical distancing. Production has been halted on a lot of shows and altered on the shows that must go on.

4. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Lol. Well, I've liked shows on Apple and those are an hour. And I've watched long arcing shows like 24 and Strike Back (at least til the 2nd reboot, the 3rd cast sucked).

5. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Could be that too. I thought I read somewhere that multiple shows were already in the can. I believe The Fugitive was supposed to drop on day 1, but they've held it back repeatedly. And they announced a new show that was supposed to start today quite a while ago, I believe during covid, so it must have already been finished.

I won't be keeping my subscription after the trial ends. Its all reality, lgbt and the jenners now. No thanks.

But since every ep is 5 - 10 mins, they are really filming a show to be a 1.5 hr movie or so and then cut it up.

6. 1948GG

1948GG Icon

Aug 4, 2007
    For sure. I'm coming up on 20 years retired (very early, checked out at 51yo) and subscribe to all the major streamers (nf, hulu, prime, disney+) and have a rather complete dvd collection that supplements the streamers, but recently netflix disc rentals have gotten very slow (rather rent the newer releases rather than subscribe to hbo/showtime or others just for those but I do use an additional rental service for the 'off brand' movies nf doesn't carry) and I've thought about cutting that due to the rentals coming in one per week, with a que of over 30 titles (half of which are releases over 4+ months old) all stuck at 'short wait' or longer, with most of the shipments coming from centers 2 or more states away. Looks like maybe they are getting close to shutting down?