1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA Antenna distribution in your house

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by jimmie57, May 21, 2018.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Has anyone tried this ?
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/silico...ta-dvr-gray-and-black/8548038.p?skuId=8548038

From what I read, I have a perfect for me antenna for all local programming. It is hooked to a 32" Sharp TV in my bedroom. It is run thru a Channel Master DVR.
    What I would like to do is be able to use OTA on my TV in the Den and my sons room which is about 100 feet from the antenna.

If I am reading this correctly, it puts your OTA antenna's reception on your network and you can play your reception anywhere in the house that you have the network or wirelessly.

Thanks

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Well actually -

THis has a couple OTA tuners builtin, and it puts the outputs onto your home network via Wifi or ethernet as a streaming source. You will also need a way to take the streaming output into your TVs, such as a FireTV, Apple TV, builtin app on TV, etc. Looks like it has $35 annual fee for doing DVR.

I've heard it has a pretty good OTA tuner. With sufficient bandwidth it should be OK.

I originally thought you were asking about TV RF distribution. I do have some expertise on that.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Thanks,
    I did not read it well enough to see that charge. Of course I do not need that since I already have a DVR for OTA that works very well, almost like an HR-24.