1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA Channels missing or mis-assigned.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by narrod, Jan 31, 2011.

1. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    HR20-700 with OTA via attic antenna. It has worked fine for years. Now I'm missing channels or they are mis-assigned (i.e. ABC appearing on Fox). I've rebooted several times and redone antenna set up several times. Neither has corrected the problem. It's not consistent when I redo the setup. For example, some stations reappear while others disappear. I'm stuck. Any ideas?

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Did you clear down all the OTA settings before you tried to set them up again??

3. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    Yes I did, twice.

4. cover

cover Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    I've seen this problem a number of times, though not very recently. In my case, sometimes a simple reboot fixes it. Other times, I've had to go through antenna setup again to get it corrected.

5. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    My fourth attempt at a complete reset solved the problem. Thanks.

6. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    As I recall, the key to making an OA antenna reset work is to re-type in the ZIP code, even though it looks like the correct one is carried over from the previous set up.