1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA DVR recordings after reciever update

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by dupont241, Mar 13, 2014.

1. dupont241

dupont241 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Last weekend (Sat or Sun morning) when I turned on my reciever I got a notice of a reciever update, since this update my OTA dvr recordings are skipping like it has a weak signal (have checked I have 100% signal strength). Live show doesn't do this, also timers start late if they recorde at all. I have reset reciever, deleted timers, reset the timers, deleted again. Set manual timers (not using the guide to set recordings), removed OTA USB tuner and reinstalled. But nothing helps. Any ideals, or anyone else having this problem?

This is the Hopper Receiver....
    Thanks for any help Billy

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Known problem posted on satelliteguys.

3. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]dupont241,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This is an issue we are working on as we speak and has been escalated to be resolved. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

1 person likes this.
  4. dupont241

dupont241 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Thanks for the Responce Mike.H Glad to know this is a known issue and Dish is working to resove.

5. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    This issue just popped up for last night along with when changing to an OTA channel it can take up to a minute before the program comes on. The OSG pops right up, but the program takes a while. So there was some time from the update to the problem. That's strange. But good to know that's in the works.

6. dupont241

dupont241 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Any update for this OTA problem, OTA tuner is still choppy, even in live mode now.

Hopper has started turning it self off, 3 times in a couple of hours Sat. it just turned off, this screen saver type screen was up. Just turned back on and a few mins later it would do it again.

7. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Is it in the open air, well ventilated?

8. dupont241

dupont241 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    It is in open back cabinet, and hasn't had any problems until latest updates.

9. beetle02

beetle02 Mentor

Nov 13, 2007
    In a thread on SatelliteGuys forum ScotChez said the signal was too strong. Here is part of his reply.

"If the signal is TOO STRONG, you get this issue as there is too much multipathing going on. (same signal bouncing off other houses or trees coming into your antenna slightly behind or different).

Solution was to put an Antenuator on the Anttenna coax and adjust it.
    Trouble is this sginal can change from day to night so you have to adjust it a lot.
    If you do not have an Atenuator putting a 2 way splitter or have a 3 way can be a low cost easy test to verify this."

I was having the same problem when I had my OTA just connected to my Hopper3. After I split my OTA to 3 TV's and the Hopper3 my pixilation and audio problems cleared up.