1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA Guide shows wrong channel info

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by boy654, Sep 28, 2010.

1. boy654

boy654 Mentor

Dec 21, 2006
    I have one OTA channel (ABC) that shows EPG for different channel (PBS), the Dish local HD channel has the correct guide. I have deleted and rescanned locals, reloaded guide and it still shows guide for the PBS local channel. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Most likely it is a problem with Dish and how they are mapping the data... If you can list the specific channel numbers that you are having problems with, one of us here can try and pass it along to Dish (and of course you can call them yourself) in case they are unaware of the problem.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    We have a similar problem in that MY Network is the secondary channel on a frequency with CW and since Dish uses the PSIP data to associate the OTA channel with th edata in the guide, both of these channels show the same programming info even hough they are different. I griped at Dish and the station for 6 months before they finally said the way the station PSIP associates the data makes it impossible for them to map the correct OTA data to that station, so I just keep the SD channel on below it to see what's showing. Rarely watch MYNetwork antway.

4. boy654

boy654 Mentor

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks for the explanation, it just started showing the wrong guide about a week ago for the ota. Sounds like the local station has made changes, Charlotte WSOC channel 9.