ota scan problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by skihoodoo, Feb 22, 2012.

1. skihoodoo

skihoodoo AllStar

Oct 17, 2008
    Pershing...
    i just hooked up my ota module(am21) to my new directv tivo now the scan found 17 channels but only 3 show up when the scan is complete i am trying to get it to pickup stations from another market that i know i can get

Attached Files:

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Those are the 3 NEW channels that it found and wants to add to the others that it found.

Or are you saying that it's only showing those three channels in the Guide now?

3. Heynonny

Heynonny Mentor

Jul 11, 2009
    You can specify a secondary market and many additional channels will pop up on your list.

However, unlike receivers that truly scan, like the HR10-250, your THR22/A-21 DirecTivo will only allow those channels DirecTV has decided to provide guide data for; they black out the other channels and refuse to let you even tune them in. Very frustrating if you have a good OTA antenna system.

4. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    No, the THR22 scans for channels, unlike the DirecTV HR2x series....

5. skihoodoo

skihoodoo AllStar

Oct 17, 2008
    Pershing...
    sorry for the late delay but Heynonny was right one i did that it picked up all but 1 channel and its 2 subs maybe because the psip data points to the main frequency in portland the three channels on the original was all it was saying was avail before i did that zip code thing but i am still missing 3 more so i would say this is 90 percent solved but still a small issue