1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA Sound Is a "Motorboat"

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by denkbar, Oct 8, 2017.

1. denkbar

denkbar Mentor

Nov 10, 2005
    Not a DVR problem, but posting in case others have had this experience and have a solution.
    Have a second 722K, but did not want to buy an OTA adapter like I have on the first one. Connected a digital antenna to the TV's Antenna Input and selected that as my input source. Video comes in just fine, but on all channels, the sound is nothing but a "motorboat" noise, that is no voices come through, just this "motorboat" sound. Occurs on all channels/sub-channels. Has anyone run across this?

2. denkbar

denkbar Mentor

Nov 10, 2005
    Problem solved. Since the DVR is not being used, has to be the TV itself. Have a sound bar. Turned it off and turned up the "native Tv" volume". Worked fine.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    My Hitachi 57F59 was sputtering Sunday, we found out the volume on the TV was turned up (with no input) and an FM radio station was bleeding into the audio of the TV. Turned the TV audio down to 0 and no sputtering comes through the the Sony sound system attached via HDMI.