OTA Subchannels MeTV, ThisTV, Buzzr, Cozi listed in Directv guide!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by provasek, Jun 25, 2019.

1. provasek

provasek New Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    ota5.jpg In Dallas, the rollout of the "Local Channel Connection" is underway which will allow Directv to tell the CBS, NBC, ABC and Fox stations to pound sand when they demand ever-higher "retransmission fees" The LCC picks up the over-the-air signals by antenna and records them to the Directv DVR without any "retransmission" fees or permissions required at all. It also provisions over-the-air recording of local digital subchannels that have never been carried on their satellites. Around June 22, 2019 my Directv HR44 DVR began displaying correct channel and guide information for these channels, but I do not yet have the LCC device, so they aren't viewable. These are eventually to be sent out free , I don't know if you can request them earlier.

dtv757 likes this.
  2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    If you would make calls CSR and play a roulette, probably you would get LCC ;)

3. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    I don't know that they are going to send them out "free", and you will have to ask for them (and of course be able to receive your local channels via antenna either with the cheapo one they include or a better one you install yourself)

It is weird that they have a bug that causes those channels to show up when no LCC is installed. That's gotta be causing a ton of calls to CSRs about "hey I can't get these new channels that were added".

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Check that LCC thread, some people have done that with success, some not.

5. R0am3r

R0am3r Legend

Sep 20, 2008
    Is there a roll-out schedule for the various markets? Also, does anyone know if the receipt of an LCC will extend my contract?

6. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    No rollout schedule, still only available for market that have lost one of the main networks due to a dispute. And no it does not extend the contract.

7. R0am3r

R0am3r Legend

Sep 20, 2008
    texasbrit - Thanks for the reply. After a long wait on the Directv (AT&T) chat system, I was able to order an LCC. It took 45 minutes to get through to an agent to learn she couldn't handle my request. I was passed off to a Tier II agent who eventually was successful in ordering the LCC for me. It certainly wasn't the best experience, but I was successful. I don't know if it mattered, but I mentioned to both agents that I am missing two local channels from the Syracuse market (Fox68 and My43) due to a dispute. Both of these channels have been off-line since February.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    It's just an order … what could be cancelled any minute :(
    Look how many times its happened in LCC thread.