OTA TIMERS NOT RECORDING

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by dennispap, Apr 12, 2019.

1. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    image.jpeg Anyone still having problems with ota timers not recording? If I go into the list it shows it was there but didn't record. ( says not applicable)This is on my hws. Thanks.

2. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I had the same issue last night on two OTA shows. I am using the AirTV dual tuner with a Wally receiver. I watched the previous shows before the shows that were to be recorded and the signal was good.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would reboot for start

4. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I will do that. Would I just reboot the EHD or everything? I tried some test recording this morning and they did not record. Again it showed the show recording and the signal was good.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Everything, and if it is still not recording OTA, call in to Dish.

6. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    I did a reset of the Wally plus powered off my EHD and everything recorded even though it said they did not record. My wife is happy that she can watch Grey's Anatomy. :(

Thanks!!!

7. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    I will have to try that when I get back home Sunday. Thanks for the tip.

8. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    Whatever the problem is it did it again today. I will do a reset again, but hopefully I don't have to do this every day.

9. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    I did that and the program still is not there. I guess that's why on my picture it says "recording start not applicable", because it didn't record.

10. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Happened again yesterday. I wish dish would fix this problem. No way I would ever drop locals if you can't record ota.

11. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Same thing again today. Tried to record an ota channel. Pressed record. It said it was recording but no red light. Went into my recordings nothing recording. Pressed record again it says it was already recording. Changed to a different ota channel, which i shouldn't have been able to do without a warning, and the channel changed. I gave up.
    Is anyone able to successfully record ota with a HWS? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  12. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Can anyone record Ota on a HWS? Everytime I set a recording it shows in the scheduled column, but never records. Anyone successfully it? Thanks

Attached Files:

13. fmcomputer

fmcomputer Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Youngstown....
    As far as I know, the Hopper does not have a red light when it records. My OTA guide has been messed up for over 2 months. The guide description does not match the programming. Contacted Dish but nothing has been done. Good Luck

14. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Yes it does and yes it lights up when recording OTA as well.

15. fmcomputer

fmcomputer Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Youngstown....
    You must have a newer Hopper than me because when I upgraded to the Hopper I complained about not having a record light ..

16. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    There is a record light on my Hopper 2000 (the original ... and mine was installed the first week the receiver was released).

17. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    both of my HWS have the red recording light

I thought only the H3 didn't have the red light?

18. WynsWrld98

WynsWrld98 AllStar

Aug 17, 2006
    My Hopper has been recording OTA fine for months but starting 3 days ago most OTA recordings not recording. I get the Not Applicable in Recording Started and Recording Stopped fields. The channels I record have strong strength. I tried restarting the Hopper with the power button on front but didn't fix it. What is the red Reset button for on the front of the Hopper? I wonder if I should try that.

I did a 45 minute chat with Dish tech support last night was able to share with them images like I have attached but they weren't able to fix the problem.

Update: I just had the rescan message pop-up. I've seen this before recently and did rescan and save OTA channels but didn't fix the recording problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  19. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Have you tried deleting and re-entering the timers?

20. WynsWrld98

WynsWrld98 AllStar

Aug 17, 2006
    Yes. I can get it to record successfully for a number of hours (less than a day) by rescanning the channels and saving them the OTA timers successfully record for a while but then start failing again. So let's say I have an OTA timer set to record 8 pm I notice at 8:05 pm it isn't recording I go to the channel I'm recording and click on it and everytime I do it displays fine. Strength on the channel I record is strong.

So