1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. wshaff

wshaff Cool Member

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm able to watch analog ota channels on tv 2 while in duel mode but not the digital feeds

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Welcome to DBSTalk, wshaff. :hi:

I disagree, you are not able to watch analog locals AT ALL because they're not yet functional in the software. What you are able to watch is your local channels off of Dish mapped down to their local number equivalents. You are not able to watch OTA digital channels on TV2 in dual user mode, and never will be able to. If you read the conclusion of my review, you'll see why.

3. wshaff

wshaff Cool Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey Mark,

Well I'll disagree back tell me why on channel #22 i am watching my (let's say CBS 5) channel and when i turn to that channel thru my 942 receiver it tells me on the upper banner I'm on KPHO CBS 05.00. When i go to my tv-1 i have 05.00 and 05.01 as my digital I did not scan for my analog channels but they show in my guide and in my channel line up plus if you were right than the Tucson channels would not show (correct ?) :eek2:
    On another subject i don't get any audio thru my hdmi to hdmi, called E* there tech told me that they only use hdmi for the video, he said the reason why is that all the HDTV packages they pull are only DVI and that's why they send you the HDMI to DVI cable and then give you the adapter. To quote them.

OOOOPPPPS YES JUST AS I SAID ANALOG :)

4. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Bring up your local channels screen. Choose the Sat Locals option. Turn it off. Do you still have channel 05-00 showing up and tunable? If so, then we need to talk some more because there's something very wrong. If not, then what you were watching was your Dish local CBS channel (from somewhere in the 7000 or 8000 channel range) that was mirrored down to 005-00. The receiver won't let you scan for analog channels at this point. The analog OTA tuner isn't even active at this point, so there should be no physical way for your 942 to tune to an analog OTA station.

That's why I disagree. :)

And I can't help you much with the HDMI - it's not something that I can test as I don't have any HDMI (or even DVI) devices.