1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ovation Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ethgil, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethgil

ethgil Cool Member

May 23, 2004
    DirecTV is adding Ovation next Wednesday on channel 274. Now that will be a new channel worth having. I saw the schedule listed on their on line schedule guide.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    With Ovation's excellent programming, it deserves to be broadcast in HD.

www.ovationtv.com

3. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I know very little about Ovation. But I will at this point take any channel that isn't a home shopping or food channel :raspberry

4. twistedT

twistedT Icon

Jan 11, 2007
    9:30 PM sounds good: Metallica in HD and DD!! :)

5. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I had Ovation in 1999 when I had AT&T Cable. Wonderful channel. I thought it was on Directv for years?

6. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Apparently Ovation was a regional channel and only after its recent purchase by Hubbard Media has it gone national.

7. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    At first glance I thought it was an announcement for the ovulation channel...need to get new contacts.

Looks like a good channel.

8. Kapeman

Kapeman Godfather

Dec 22, 2003
    Looks like it might be a worthy successor to Trio.

We'll see.

9. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    I've been putting Ovation on every "requested channel" survey I've filled out for years. I am VERY excited to see this channel added, and look forward to the HD version in the fall.

10. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    That would be the Lifetime or Oxygen channel. :sure:

11. EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth Mentor

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay! "Later with Jools Holland" is in their schedule. Why did BBC America drop it?

12. bto4wd

bto4wd Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Apr 17, 2007
    Ah, just another channel to get turned off when D* needs HD bandwidth for NFL ST.

13. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    While no HD video, I have the Black Album on DVD-A. There is nothing like Sad But True in Dolby 5.1. The whole album is heaven for any metal fan. I wish they had some other albums on DVD-A would love to hear some of the older stuff, Harvester of Sorrow and One would sound killer in 5.1. I’d love for HDNet or Mojo to do an in concert special with Metallica.

14. rongarfield

rongarfield New Member

Mar 6, 2007
    OVATION was a national channel, carried throughout the United States, in about 5 million households. Ron Garfield, the President and COO, was part of a group called Arcadia Partners that basically came in, did a hostile takeover, and brought the network to the brink of going dark before Hubbard Media and others were able to pick it up for next to nothing and leave all the previous shareholders with worthless stock. The only reason why DirecTV is carrying it is because of the deal that Hubbard had with DirecTV when he sold them USSB. It was an independent channel for close to ten years while still battling the big guys like Bravo and A+E.

15. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    !rolling Now who else could have come up with that except someone in Morgantown, WV :lol: Go Marshall :D

16. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Thanks for the info. I was unable to find much about it online.

17. Peter305

Peter305 Hall Of Fame

May 24, 2006

Is this available in Total Choice

18. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

If you have this package please let us know because it's on now.:confused:

19. ukmusicfan

ukmusicfan New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    We now have The Ovation Channel on channel 274! It's a great channel for arts programming.

We also got at least three other channels. I posted about them just now on the "New Channels" thread.

20. Glen_D

Glen_D Legend

Oct 21, 2006
    I have the "grandfathered" Total Choice package and I am not receiving Ovation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.