Pac-12 Networks on DISH

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jw_rally, Aug 12, 2019.

1. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    Hello, I am considering switching to DISH and would like to know if DISH carries all of the regional Pac-12 Networks listed below or does it only carry the Pac-12 National Network on channel 406? Thanks in advance for any help.

Pac-12 Arizona
    Pac-12 Bay Area
    Pac-12 Los Angeles
    Pac-12 Mountain
    Pac-12 Oregon
    Pac-12 Washington

UPDATE: I think I found the answer. It looks like the regional Pac-12 Networks are only available via streaming on the DISH Anywhere app, correct?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. tobsandmags

tobsandmags New Member

Sep 3, 2017
    That is correct

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. tobsandmags

tobsandmags New Member

Sep 3, 2017
    The Pac-12 also just added an app to newer generation Apple TV’s. It still requires a login from a cable/sat provider but does allow you to stream all the networks directly to your TV.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    When DISH first added the Pac 12 live sports on the regional channels was regularly shown on the alternate channels. Then it wasn't. This spring they did program a few of them when the spring football games were going simultaneously. I am not clear why these are not used - whether Pac 12 says no, carry the channel, or DISH is too lazy to turn them on/off.

You can stream them directly from Pac 12 website, or stream them thru DISH Anywhere. DISH Anywhere has an App for Amazon Fire TV, and they work.

I so wish DISH would allow them to be directly streamed through the Hopper.

5. tobsandmags

tobsandmags New Member

Sep 3, 2017
    I do too. I thought when Dish uplinked the streaming version of the regional networks a year ago that they would add them in-line into the EPG right next to the sat-based Pac-12 channels. But, that never happened. Seems like it would be easy to do.

I remember them using the alt channels back in the good ole days for overlapping live events. Then the Pac-12 got all fussy about them doing that and not carrying the regionals full time. We even lost streaming access to the regionals via the mobile app until SlingTV carried the regionals later that year. Now they only use them for a very occasional (2-3 times/year) overlapping football event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    My guess Pac-12 is either demanding more money if the channels were available on the receivers or want DISH to deliver them via satellite to all Pac-12 subscribers, not just the Pac-12 subscribers with Internet.

One would think that they would want more eyeballs on their programming ... but more money is probably more important.

7. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    A few years back (maybe more) when the regionals went dark for us on the Pac 12 site for streaming I engaged with Pac 12 on this, and at the time, talked directly to some of the higher level people. There was a push I was told that if you want to stream the regionals, carry the regional, meaning you can't stream if your system didn't carry it. Then all of the sudden Sling and Pac 12 cut a deal with the regionals and our access was restored at the Pac 12 site....that's a good thing.

At the time too DISH was worried about bandwith and didn't want to clog up their limited HD abilities with streaming multiple Pac 12 channels. Not sure that's the same today...DISH has purged so many channels...but being honrest, asking a provider to carry 7 channels is a little over the top. In the fall there's little live sports that is carried ONLY on the regional.

Basketball season and spring is different....so if this ever happens it will be geared towards basketball season...so many games and so many offerings across the regionals only. We have to keep pushing DISH.