Package change?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Soccernut, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Did DIRECTV packages changed? I had Ultimate and now out of the blue they say I put in a order for
    Ultimate Standard on July 19th (I didn't) it says it has 250 channels plus Showtime and the price went up $13, but even worst is they attached a 24 month commitment to it.

2. mjd180

mjd180 Cool Member

Dec 21, 2010
    That sounds bizarre in the extreme. Iā€™m pretty sure nobody else has had that happen...

3. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    your cant get an extension without signing or verbally agreeing on the phone being recorded by a 3rd party

I got a similar email this morning but it was related to them fixing my HS17 fee

4. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    It looks like they are saying I'm a new customer but the account number didn't change, I really, really don't want to call but have no choice.

Customer Service Summary
    Thanks for choosing AT&T. Please review your order summary.
    [​IMG]
    What changed today? 07/19/2019
    ā€“ DIRECTV package changed

5. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Sorry don't know why the word "new" got that big when I posted.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    s
    AT&T is notorious for changing people accounst. Stay after them until they fix it !

7. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Mine says that also But i can clearly make out that what changed was them fixing charging me for the Genie 2
    Customer Service Summary
    Thanks for choosing AT&T. Please review your order summary.
    [​IMG]
    What changed today? 07/20/2019
    ā€“ DIRECTV package changed

AT A GLANCE - YOUR AT&T TOTAL CHARGES
    [​IMG]
    Upcoming bill*$124.64
    [​IMG]
    Ongoing monthly bill*$130.47

8. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Called DIRECTV and they could not explain how I was getting "charged" for Showtime without requesting it, the charge was removed, it only took 4 minutes to get a live operator and she was based here in the US, the call lasted about 5 minutes.
    She said that I was getting Showtime for free for 6 months, I got a e-mail a couple hours after calling confirming it.
    As far as the 24 month contract commitment she said no I don't have it, I must have misread the bill.
    I was worried about calling because of some stories I read here but there was no problem, the service rep was quick to fix the issue, and very pleasant and polite.

mjd180 likes this.
  9. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    For accounts that are moved to AT&T's billing system the old packages that include just the channels but bill you individually for Advance Receiver Services, Whole Home DVR and/or the first TV has "(Standard)" after the package name to differentiate them from the All Included versions that bundle the Advance Receiver Service, WH-DVR and 1, 2 or 4 receivers into the package.

New customers signing up for DirecTV or U-Verse now get put on an "All Included" pricing structure. The current "All Included" pricing structure includes HD access, DVR access, Whole Home DVR access and the first TV access fee bundled in the package. The cost is the same no matter if it is broken out individually (standard) or bundled (all included) in this case for 1 TV with HD-DVR service.

It just creates a neater bill for new customers but it has a bad side effect as there is no All Included version of DirecTV's Family or U-Verse's U-basic packages.

Soccernut likes this.
  10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The low end packages are basically lifeline packages ... Just enough channels to say the customer has service. They don't expect customers to want frills such as HD and DVRs.

11. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Thanks for clarifying, they didn't tell me that.