1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic px42 75u / HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by yesongs, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesongs

yesongs AllStar

Oct 3, 2006
    I'm planning on the above unit as a possible fathers day gift to myself for my bedroom rig.

Any HR20 users have this?

Any issues?

Didn't see a lot of negative feedback in teh various forums - this one my be a winner

Any insight or recs are appreciated

Eddie

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I haven't seen any reports of problems with that Panasonic TV. I've seen good reviews about it, though.

3. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I've got a TH-58PX60U which is the 58" version of last year's model and I love it.

My understanding is the 75U series is everything the 60U series is plus it supports 1080p which the 60u does not.

I would say go for it, but since you are doing your homework I suggest going to www.avsforum.com.

In fact here is a link to the 75U series owners discussion thread over there.

EDIT: Some of the posters over there are hard-core videophiles and video snobs. Don't let those few intimidate you. :) There is a lot of good information to be gained over there.

Bottom line, I would get the Panasonic. I have been thrilled with mine. Conventional wisdom is that Pioneer is the best plasma out there but you could spend a few thousand more on a Pioneer and not really do that much better than the Panny. Check out www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com also. Last year there were I think two of the 60U series ranked in the top 10 plasmas on the market.

Good luck and enjoy.

4. docLakers

docLakers Cool Member

Mar 14, 2007
    U will like the px 42 75u a lot, but you will love the 50" 60U model.. Amazon has it for $1650 delivered

5. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I have two 50" panasonics a TH50PX50U and 60U. They're great TV's and a good value.
    I've read good reviews on the 75U. I really like the all black finish.

Like others above, I think you will be vrey happy with it.

6. yesongs

yesongs AllStar

Oct 3, 2006
    Thanks all - this one sounds like it will be great bedroom set.

My current main system has a 42" JVC that is now a couple of years old - it'll be interesting to see how the new one compares.

Amazon has this for $1350, no shipping - hopefully even cheaper in a couple of weeks, I need to time this so it arrives around fathers day

Eddie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.