1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora Access

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Metta65, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Nov 8, 2018 #1 of 11
    Metta65

Metta65 New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Hi everyone, long time DTV user, including Pandora on the HR models going back several years. Sometime earlier this year started having problem only in my living room location where the HR34 was - can access the app OK and see my stations, then I can sometimes play a song or two, but between one ending and shuffling to the next the audio quits and the image stalls. Exiting the app and restarting usually works for another song or two.

Had a replacement HR44 sent, it does the same thing. HR24 temporarily in the living room between genies did the same thing. No idea what is the cause, Pandora seems to work normally in the bedroom where the -24 is. Even seems to be a case where the app "warms up", and works better the longer I'm in it. Anyway, if anyone has experienced and resolved this, or has any ideas I'd appreciate suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Oh, goody. Another weird problem. My first thought was get the 34 replaced but you killed that idea off very quickly. Good troubleshooting. I have a room in my home where problems occur that don't happen anywhere else. Never been able to figure out why. I wish you luck.

Rich

3. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    You can run the Pandora app on just about any streaming device, many Bluray players, and even some “smart” tvs.

4. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I used to use Pandora then they changed the format and I stopped using it. I liked it when you could get tunes from one artist all day long.

Rich

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I stopped using Pandora a few years ago when my artist based playlist turned in to Christmas music from artists not on my playlist. (I like Bing Crosby, but he was not an artist on my playlist.) If I wanted a Christmas mix I'd program a Christmas mix. Christmas passed and I had moved on - never to look back. Thanks Pandora!

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Last time I tried Pandora I wanted to hear Jimmy Buffett tunes. What I got was one JB tune and a bunch of songs from a bunch of other singers. Like you, I gave up.

Rich

7. codespy

codespy The Pack is getting sacked!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    A couple years ago I had a rock playlist titled Scorpions, then a short time later, songs from the Mammas and the Pappas showed up in it. That....was a bit of a leap.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I use Amazon music now. No confusion there.

Rich

9. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    If you use the thumbs up/down feature you won't have those issues.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I tried that until Pandora said I used the thumbs down too many times and refused to accept any more clicks. Once their "songs like this one" and "artists like this one" goes down the rabbit hole it is hard to get it back on track.

Rich likes this.
  11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I did the thumbs down thing on every artist other than Jimmy Buffett and still got very few JB tunes.

Rich