1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandora Music - Not To Go to Sleep By!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Drucifer, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    A few days ago I switch my Pandora Station to The Irish Ballard Radio and was able to fall asleep within minutes every night.

But then on Thursday night, just as I was going off, my mind came awake listening to this . . .
    I was awake for at least the next hour, just picturing that song and laughing every time I did.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Wonder how many more of their myth busters were ever put to a song?

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    The song pre-dates Myth Busters. There are references to this back in 1902, but the song you posted was done in 1958. But a more current version of this is the Ham radio version, posted for your entertainment:

5. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Of course, you can block that song, but that's no guarantee that something else of that type won't pop up. That being said, you have two other options: upgrade to the paid version, or go =to sleep to a classical channel, such as Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Smetna or John Williams Guitar. At low volume, they work great.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Holy cow! A Smetana channel.... I love that guy, but surprised there's a channel dedicated to him, though, perhaps a user created that, and not Pandora?

Attached Files:

7. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    The neat thing about Pandora is that you can enter the name of an artist or composer and it will attempt to find a channel dedicated to that person. The bad thing about Pandora is the fact that they seem to have rather short lists and replay selections rather frequently.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Creating a channel by starting with a favorite artist is good ... however the related artists can make the "channel" less that useful if the artist chosen does not have a deep library.

My biggest annoyance was at Christmas when every one of my channels - regardless of key artists or description - played the same popular Christmas music by unrelated artists. If I wanted a Christmas mix I would have selected a Christmas mix - and there didn't seem to be a way of getting the channels back to the channels I had requested.

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Yes, I am with you both, James and Cholly.

That's why while I like Pandora, Spotify and Slacker, when it comes down to it, I'll be using my own lists on iTunes. Esp. at Christmas time.