Pandora problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sammib, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Oct 7, 2015 #1 of 12
    sammib

sammib AllStar

Jun 13, 2007
    While listening to Pandora, every tune on every artist I play is chopped off before it ends
    and then goes to the next tune. I have an HR44 Genie and have cancelled my Pandora
    account and then restarted with a new one. Nada. I have rebooted the Genie. Nada.
    Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

2. Oct 8, 2015 #2 of 12
    litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Supposedly it's a known problem and DirecTV is working with Pandora on a fix.

3. maerativo

maerativo New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    N. California
    I have the same problem while listening to Pandora. Double software reboot of my HR44-500, hard wired to my router. Rebooted my router. Nothing works, still chopped off songs. BTW, Pandora on my PC plays perfectly.

4. maerativo

maerativo New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    N. California
    Contacted DTV CSR about the Pandora issue. 1st response was not aware of any issue with Pandora. She said that she checked her "board" and did not see any problems with Pandora listed. She then asked if I had rebooted my DVR. After explaining that I had done double software reboots of HR44-500 and router with no change she tried to say it was an issue with Pandora. I said Pandora plays on my PC just fine and asked that my complaint be escalated upstairs, she finally agreed that something may be an issue and would escalate the complaint. So, for those that are having an issue with Pandora, I would suggest you contact customer service and have your complaint escalated because they are not aware of any issues.

5. maerativo

maerativo New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    N. California
    Short update to the Pandora problem. I have a HR24-500 in my master bedroom and decided to try Pandora on it to see if it would play songs correctly. All afternoon and through the evening Pandora played flawlessly. Conclusion: The Genie has a problem with processing Pandora. Please report your problems to DTV so this issue will be addressed.

6. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    They know about this problem already.

7. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Getting CSRs that tell you there is "no known problem" is unfortunately par for the course. Yes, there is a Pandora/Genie issue, and yes, DirecTv knows all about it. Calling customer service won't do any harm...

8. lyradd

lyradd Legend

Mar 20, 2006
    They can't be working too hard to fix the problem. I've complained about this issue to DirecTV and Pandora for several months!

9. R0am3r

R0am3r Legend

Sep 20, 2008
    I was about to post the question wondering if the new firmware update 0xa72 fixed the Pandora problem. Unfortunately, I know the answer now... Directv FAIL.

10. lyradd

lyradd Legend

Mar 20, 2006
    If anything it made it worse! Pandora today was really bad. Just about every song was cut short. I called DirecTV again today and sent a report for all the good it will do.

11. sammib

sammib AllStar

Jun 13, 2007
    I think its now ATT controlling DTV and they are putting the kibosh on service and credits.
    I could always get some credits. This year nada. Been a sub since 2002.
    On the Pandora thing, I won't hold my breath.

12. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Or maybe they decided you had to many credits in the past and need to wait a while for some more. They have been doing that quite a bit the last few years...