Pandora problems - Resolved

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bjdotson, Apr 24, 2020.

1. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    I listen to Pandora on Directv every night. Yesterday I started getting a message saying "pandora is not available in this country" I don't use a VPN, rebooted the receiver, Rebooted the router, still getting the message.

2. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    On ATT Forum, I found two posters saying that they have the same problem today. I couldn't comment because I don't have an account there. Apparently this is not a problem with my set up.

3. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Pandora app loaded up ok for me just now, so either not a system-wide problem, or it's been fixed.

Guess this shows how infrequently I use this -- it came up playing a Christmas music channel.

[Edit: this was on my HR-44]

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I stopped using Pandora years ago because every channel became a Christmas channel. I selected a few artists I liked and added a few similar artists when suggested by Pandora but as Christmas approached they threw my personal artist based genre out of the window and played completely irrelevant Christmas tunes. If I wanted classic Christmas I would have chosen that genre - I wanted the genre related to my artist selections. (It wasn't even my favorite artists singing Christmas - it was totally irrelevant to the genre singers - such as Bing Crosby on an Ozzy Osborn playlist.)

I may give them a second chance some time - but I'm still annoyed at that past behavior.

5. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    I just checked still not working for me

6. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Working like a charm for me.

7. DBSSTEPHEN

DBSSTEPHEN Legend

Oct 13, 2009
    SALEM,MISSOU...
    Would be my guess that your internet provider that's having the issue and causing it to do that so the people on here say they're not having issues

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

8. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Both Pandora and iheart work for me.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    You may want to visit What Is My IP? (or a similar site) and see where the Internet believes your IP is located.
    It is possible the database Pandora uses is out of date or that the ISP has added a new range that is not yet in the database they use.

10. cakeman

cakeman New Member

May 1, 2010
    pandora works on hr54 but as of yesterday not on hr21,22,23 ,24

codespy likes this.
  11. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    i checked that already; it shows as Salt Lake City, Utah I have an HR24

12. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Thought maybe it was selective limiting/blocking by an ISP since net neutrality went down the tubes, but as far as the ISP knows the Pandora stream goes to one IP so if it affects some units on the account but not others that guess goes out the window.

Have you tried having D* reauthorize the units with the problem?

ericknolls likes this.
  13. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    I wish that there was somebody to contact. I am sure the regular phone line wouldn't even have a clue.

14. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    None of my dual HD-DVR's play Pandora anymore either, and use it quite a bit. None of mine play Christmas music unless I want it too. I wasn't aware I moved out of the 'country', thought I was still in the USA!

Advanced Tech Support (844-822-3352) tonight said it is a known issue, and they are working at it. I'm starting to hold my breath right now!

15. Capt WackJob

Capt WackJob New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    My HR-24 has this issue too. My HR-54 works fine. Same house, same network, and same country!

16. codespy

codespy Go Pack Go!!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    So, it's been just about a week now, and my HR2x's including all of my HR24's still give the error on Pandora that it is not available in this country, and obviously I have not moved. It does work on my HR54-500 though, and that is it! (Pandora also works fine on my PC's and smartphone as well, all under the same account/subscription).

I was checking my software plugins on the DT-HD/DVR's (specifically my HR24's), and noticed one of the plug-ins (3109_3109#) dated 4/24/2020 and 4/25/2020 depending on the titles. Is there any chance this has something to do with it? It was right about then when Pandora stopped working on all of my IRD's.

Under the SW plugins, the titles are 'YouTube 13_3122', 'AAC MP4 7_3122 A', and a couple others including Adinsertion, Recommendation, HD Assets, and Logo Assets. It also shows installation status for several plug-ins.

I am zeroing in on the 3109-3109 plug-in on 4/24/2020. I really don't have any experience or knowledge on the decoding of the plug-ins, and maybe someone else here does (or Earl B)? The screen also shows the 21_3109_3109 plugin was installed. There is another plugin announced which is 23_3122_3122 that has not been installed yet.

I searched on my HR54, and the plug-ins listed in the system information screen do not show the 3109_3109# at all, and they seem to be a whole different set of numbers compared to the HR2x's.

Who here on DBSTalk is the expert on software plug-ins, and where can we find more information on this? I'm just wondering if this might help Advanced Tech Support get this stupid bug fixed! Thanks for any suggestions or direction.

17. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    What to reload Plug -in's ---Using your remote MENU--(Select) Search --in the search window TYPE-- clearmybox (then) select Search all --Your receiver will reboot --when your picture returns --The plugin's will be re-loaded.

Try -That --When "NEW" SW is downloaded (no matter How long ago) a Plugin can be corrputed --A red Button RESET Does NOTHING -- You have to Search --clearmybox

compnurd and MysteryMan like this.
  18. Dewey Antone

Dewey Antone New Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Will doing this also delete my saved recordings?

19. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    No, existing recordings should not be affected. Your guide data will be cleared out and will take a day or so to completely fill back in, as will your upcoming recording list. The immediate future fills in right away so you won't miss anything.

20. Dewey Antone

Dewey Antone New Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Thank You