1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial Recording of Penguins-Islanders Game

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by shendley, May 8, 2013.

1. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I'm just curious how I managed to get a partial recording of the Penguins-Islanders game tonight (Tuesday night, 5/7). My wife and I were watching a recording of the game live (or as close to live as you can get when watching a recording) when the second period ended. We decided we would have dinner and watch a recording of Nurse Jackie while we waited for the third period to begin. I paused the recording, clicked on "list," and selected Nurse Jackie to play. After Nurse Jackie finished I put the dishes away and we went back to the game and resumed from where I paused it and it started up just where we left off. But we found that we only had about 15 minutes left on the recording. When I checked on "History" to get some clue as to what had happened to prevent us from recording the entire game (with a 30 minute buffer), it just said it was a partial recording with no explanation. We were recording it on another DVR so I checked to see if the same partial recording happened there. But, no, we got a full recording. So I think I must have done something when I paused the recording to view another recording that caused us to get only a partial recording of the game. But I can't, for the life of me, figure out what I did. I considered the possibility that I accidentally stopped the recording when we went to view the recording of Nurse Jackie. But that doesn't explain how the recording continued for about a half hour (roughly) after we left it for Nurse Jackie.

Again, this is just something I'm curious about. Anybody have a thought as to what I might have done to have caused this partial recording? What could one do that would cause this sort of thing?

2. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i have got them "Partial Recording" before, actually, i got one this morning with no expanding!

3. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    Yes, I guess it remains a mystery!