1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial recording

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dreslism, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreslism

dreslism Mentor

Nov 14, 2006
    I recorded a show last night that was one of our weekly timers.

If I look in the schedule history, it shows that it recorded from 8:59 PM to 10:03 PM as expected and that it completed on TV2.

In the My recording list, it shows up as 1:04.

When we went to watch the show, the time left that show up in the upper right corner shows 4 minutes only. And the 4 minutes it recorded are the last 4 minutes. i.e. the 9:59 to 10:03, so it has none of the show.

During the 8:59-10:03 I could see the timer 2's record light on, so what the heck happen to the show?

Anyone have any idea?

Anyone else see something like this before?

Thanks,

Scott

2. dreslism

dreslism Mentor

Nov 14, 2006
    Oh come on. :D No one else has seen anything like this?

Weird thing is it was suppose to record 8:59-10:03 which is 1 hour and 4 minutes.

When we go to watch what is there, as the show starts, it only shows there are 4 minutes left, so it is like 1 hour is gone of the event, and it was the first 1 hour.

Thanks,

Scott

3. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Sorry I've not seen this exact issue. I have had a couple instances in the distant past where it will show it's recording but when you go to play it nothing is there. I've never had it actually record just a few minutes. Basically it's been an all or nothing thing for me, and in this last case it's been almost a year since I've seen it. I couldn't tell you what caused it.

4. Aliens

Aliens AllStar

Jul 3, 2004
    No, but I think I can top it. I recorded the UNC/Maryland game on CSN this past Sunday, and during playback with 10 minutes left in the game, it started the game over. Only thing is, when I put it on pause to see what happened and where I was on the timer, it was an hour and a half into the timer like it should’ve been; only it started the game from the beginning again at that point. Really strange, and I missed a great ending to the game. Never happened before. It seems to have a mind of its own at times. :)

5. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    That happened to me on the Sopranos (ch. 118); 40 minutes into the program, it started over. Luckily, I had a duplicate on the A&E HD that was OK. I hadn't seen that before.

6. ryan8886

ryan8886 Mentor

Sep 19, 2006
    Found today that the 02-28-07 recording of The Daily Show on Comedy Central started 12 minutes late for some reason. That's never happend before. It's on a timer.

7. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    I had several timers last night that stopped minutes into the show and they did not record the endings of anything. This has never happened before. I wonder if this is related to the last software update? I also has 2 lost locks on both tuners but there was no bad weather last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.