1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul Reiser Show cancelled

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dpeters11, Apr 24, 2011.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    That is just crazy.
    Didn't get a chance yet to watch the episodes that did air.

But what ever happend to letting a show adjust and get some sort of traction.

You wonder how many really good shows, where never given the chance to become that because of the quick hooks.

3. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I watched 'em both. Figured the show wasn't long for this world... but after 2 episodes? :scratchin I've seen FOX deep six a show or two quickly, but NBC??? It's like something Jack Donaghy would do on 30 Rock! :lol:

4. mstanka

mstanka Legend

Jan 25, 2003
    I watched the first show and about 10 minutes of the 2nd show and was not really impressed. Of course what I think is funny may not be funny for someone else and vice-versa.

After the 2nd episode, I deleted the series link.

Michael.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Heck there have been shows that took seasons to get their groove.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    True. Several people at work don't see the humor in Big Bang Theory, but I find it hilarious. Maybe because even though we are an IT department, I'm one of the few geeks.

7. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Just watching the commercials I figured it was going to be DOA. When you have the star of the show commenting that the only thing people will remember is that (stuff about the office) and not his show, that just doesn't inspire confidence.

Oh well.

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Most of the critics have been saying that is wasn't very good... And that was before it even aired...

- Merg

9. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    In my opinion, that is one of the biggest problems that has happen to tv. These critics destroy a tv show, before the public can get a true unbiased opinion of it. Then bad ratings on week one... Gone in week two.

10. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I rarely agree with the critics.

Haven't seen this show though.

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It might have gotten some traction on a cable channel, but they would have had to do it very low budget initially. But we just didn't get care for it, which surprised me.

12. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I knew this was going to happen about 15 minutes into episode one. At that point I was already done and killed the recording and my Series Link.

It's nothing but a poorly done watered down Curb Your Enthusiasm, and it sucked.

13. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Considering the sizable investment in promoting and launching a new show...it is disappointing to see one get "unplugged" so fast.

The only explanation I can think of is that ratings were so bad that they decided to stop the bleeding fast. :shrug:

14. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    No surprise here.

Recorded and watched the first episode. Recorded the second and have not been sufficiently interested to watch it.

15. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I watched the first episode and it was horrible. The self-deprecating humor he kept using got old, quick. If a no name pitched the show and didn't have a B list celebrity as the lead it never would have seen the light of day. I think Reiser is a bad actor, anyway.

16. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I concur. Had to watch it last week in my hotel room, because there was really nothing else on. Should have read a book.

17. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Paul Reiser had a show?

18. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think this show had a ton of potential and was nowhere near as bad as the first couple of episodes of Seinfeld (to give just one example.) With time it would have matured, probably with some refocussing and recasting. Does NBC really have anything else in the pipeline that's so much better?

19. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I honestly think it's a case of life imitating art. If you're a fan of 30 Rock, you'll know what I mean when I say the bean counters at "Kabletown" are probably now calling the shots.

20. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I thought Seinfeld was horrible at first & I didn't watch it for a few seasons because of that. Then, I finally "got it" & it's, IMO, the best comedy show I ever watched. I bet NBC is glad they didn't treat Seinfeld like they did here.