Pay Perview Question

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by Big Lou, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou Guest

I do not have my hird-e11 receiver connected to a phone line. it will no longer alow me to purchase movies. Wo what can I do to clear the old movies?

2. dbdsac

dbdsac Legend

Nov 17, 2003
    ??????????????

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Directv or Dish Network?

Hook it up to to a phone line overnight. That is the only way to get the old PPV's off your receiver. Have you tried to order via Directv.com? If you order off the webiste, your receiver will not need to call it in.

4. jwwahly

jwwahly Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 21, 2003
    Just Remember When You Hook The Phone Line Up All The Movies You Bought Will Be On The Next Bill. I Dont Know How Often You Buy Movies But The Box Ussually Caps Out In Memory Around 350.00 To 400.00$ So Dont Be Surprised On Your Next Bill. Also The Box Should After 3 To 6 Months Automatically Shut Down Ppv If It Has Not Communicated With Dtv In This Time Frame Message Should Read Call Ext 732

5. Big Lou

Big Lou Guest

I appreciate teh information, but how do you clear the old movies? There has got to be a way to to do this. After all we can hack a card, but we can not clear a box's memory?

6. jwwahly

Dec 21, 2003
    You Could Try Several Things But I Cant Give You That Info. Yhat Would Be My Job If I Got Caught

7. jwwahly

Dec 21, 2003
    Or Like The Other Gentleman Said You Have Internet Access So Just Go To Dtv.com And Order

8. Kevin

Kevin Icon/Supporter

Mar 26, 2002
    Plug your reciever into a phone jack, and the purchases will appear on your next bill. Then your box will be cleared.

9. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    I think "Big Lou" is trying to get out of paying for his PPV's...

"Big Lou" - "Hack talk" is not permitted here. If you push it just a bit more I'll be forced to report this thread to the admins...

10. texas39

texas39 Legend

Nov 10, 2003
    if you dont have a phone line hooked up to your dishnetwork receiver(?)which model?
    how do you order?phone/internet?
    i thought if you order by phone or on internet it automatically charged it to your next bill ??????
    or does it not charge til you plug the phoneline in like some of the other posts are implying?