Peacock issues with Harmony remote and ATV

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by gio12, Jul 17, 2021.

1. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    My Harmony remote is programed for my apple tv and the only app I have issues with is peacock.
    I cant 30 sec skip, FF, RW or anything. Just play and pause.
    Works fine on my iPhone and even a new Alternative Apple TV remote I bought, Function101.

Any ideas?

2. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Is it a hub based Harmony like the elite? If so do you have it configured to use BT for controlling the ATV?

3. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Hub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    And do you have it configured to use BT for controlling the ATV?

5. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Not sure. Just did an activity setup

6. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    When you add your ATV device you really should add it as - Manufacturer-Harmony Pro, Model Number-BT Apple TV 4. You then will need to do the BT pairing using the Harmony mobile app on a phone or tablet. It will show up on your ATV as a Harmony Keyboard. Using the BT device will enable the entire control feature set. From the Harmony site:

Control your Apple TV with your Harmony Remote via Bluetooth you can add your Apple TV as a device using manufacturer Harmony Pro and model number BT Apple TV 4. This will allow additional features such as the TV/Home button and sleep mode.

TV/Home button:
    The Home button provides additional functionality by allowing you to directly return to the home screen and launch the App Switcher when pressing twice.

Sleep mode:
    The Harmony will automatically put the Apple TV to sleep when hitting the of button or switching activities. This default behavior can be changed by modifying the default power settings.

gio12 likes this.
  7. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Will I lose everything I already did?

8. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Everything is tied to the device so anything you setup using the old device would be lost. You can save your activities though. Just add the new device for your ATV then add that device to the existing activity/activities that use the old device, then delete the old device.

9. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Its fixed! Thank you!!

mjwagner likes this.