Phil Garner

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by John Corn, Apr 12, 2002.

1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I gotta say I am shocked that he was fired. Yeah, you could say he had to go. That's fine, but then fire him after 25 games. This firing was premeditated. I mean firing Garner after 6 games was a little too off. What talent does Garner has to work with? Too many players on the Tigers stink. Garner was sold a bill of goods. I thought the firing was a joke. I thought it was disgusting. Garner is not the problem whatsoever.

2. Mike

Mike Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    There was lots of talk of him being fired early in the season if the Tigers didn't do well. There were several Tigers games on TV from Florida on FSN Detroit. I don't remember if this made the air or not (could of been the backhaul), but Mario asked Phil in spring training when he was miked if he is worried about getting fired this year. Phil said he wasn't worried and would expect it if it was early in the season, if we got off to a bad start. Well....they got off to a horrible start and he was fired. Yes, he had nothing to work with at all. This team stinks. Worst team in the AL Central this side of the Ohio (Hey John, I see you floating around now :)). Seriously, Tigers will finish way back in the pack especially if those Finley led (with shoe marks no doubt) Indians keep kicking butt. Tigers will be lucky to win 50 games this year.

3. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mike
    There was lots of talk of him being fired early in the season if the Tigers didn't do well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your right, Mike....Rumor was there before the season even started, Guess I shouldn't have said I was surprised......when I guess I really wasn't.

Indians, are quit a surprise at the moment.....I'm really surprised by there play, that comeback win yesterday was a special one.
    I really don't know what to say, it's easy at the moment to jump on the Indians bandwagon, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy there play.

Like you said.....Lets see where everyone is at the All-Star break.
    I'll refrain from talking any Tribe smack until then......:D

Remember last year, Minnesota played good ball until the All-Star break and then they dropped the chalupa from that point on.